Dog Food Chat banner

Hi All!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  wags 
#1 ·
:biggrin:

I will get my info updated soon I had some issues with my last login, but wanted to say hello. I have 4 dogs 2 Poms and 2 Standard Poodles. So as you can imagine I have had some ups and downs on different brand foods (can be picky breeds) and as of yesterday all 4 are on RAW. So far so good. But I was SO excited yesterday to see how much they enjoyed their food, I ran around yesterday finding all the deals I could and have at least one months worth of food! So for now we are waiting to reep the benefits!!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! Just a word of caution, people get so excited to see their dogs excited to be loving their food again, that they tend to move too quickly to other foods
before their dogs are 100% settled into the chicken and then wind up with tummy upset, so take it slow and enjoy!

Reactions: SuriLove
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum and to raw! Shopping for the best deals can become habit-forming, just to warn you :wink:

Just make sure you do as whiteleo said and give them a couple of weeks on just chicken before adding in other protein sources so they can avoid digestive upset.

#4 · (Edited)
Thank you very much!

We have a months worth of chicken. I am following the steps as closely as I can but did notice it can be hard to find some things. The chicken backs/necks ZERO find yet:frown: - I went and called everywhere for these. Seems most around my area including BUTCHERS do NOT cut down a lot of their meat:confused:

My area is Myrtle Beach SC

#8 ·
Don't worry too much about that. Chicken leg quarters are super easy to find at Super Walmart and work just as well. It is very odd that butchers don't cut down their meat, I kinda thought that's what butchers did.

#9 ·
The chicken backs/necks ZERO find yet:frown: - I went and called everywhere for these.
Don't call. You won't get anywhere. ALWAYS visit in person. When you call, you are an interruption. When you visit in person, you are a customer with money to spend.

You want to order chicken backs in bulk. It is going to be very difficult finding backs in oneseys and twoseys. You will need to buy a case (usually 40#). Visit small independent grocery stores/butcher shops. Ask to speak to the owner or the meat manager. Explain to them that you need to order chicken backs in bulk. Tell him he can add them to his normal order and you will pick them up the day they come in. Explain that he won't have to do any handling other than unloading the truck and putting them in his cooler until you get there. It's fast easy money for them and if they are smart they will see this pretty quickly.

I order chicken backs, drumsticks (for the cats), quarters, and beef heart this way. I used to order turkey necks and wings like this also but stopped feeding them because one of my dogs just doesn't like turkey.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on going raw, it's definately a decision you won't regret, and probably the best thing you can ever do for your carnivores!
I'm also a four dog home, two of which are breed notorious for tummy issues (american cocker spaniel, and boxer) and raw has been a godsend in our house!!

#11 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see the pics of all the pups! The poodle is too cute! Have fun here!:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.