Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 45-pound collie/terrier mix, Barret, is on day #3 of a raw diet and now he's acting weird. I thought he was doing better because he stopped throwing up and seemed to be tolerating small feedings. Now he is panting and shivering at the same time. What could be wrong?

·
Registered
241 Posts
My 45-pound collie/terrier mix, Barret, is on day #3 of a raw diet and now he's acting weird. I thought he was doing better because he stopped throwing up and seemed to be tolerating small feedings. Now he is panting and shivering at the same time. What could be wrong?
If he's shivering and in pain, he needs to be taken to the vet as soon as possible. Dogs pant when their are wore out or in pain.. and the shivering could be a number of things. If he hasn't stopped by the time you read this, get him to the vet soon!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I always pray for my critters when they're sick, and he seems fine now. I have to admit, though, he had me pretty worried last night and some this morning. He seems to be back to normal now but didn't want to eat for the first feeding (that's normal for him, though).

Thanks for your concern. :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts