Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im new here,and honestly i only signed on because i have to make a decision.

my 4 year old border collie has some on and off kidney problems, urine infections, and she's treated for urine leakage.
she has been eating Royal Canine renal food for some time, then situation got better so we switched back to normal food, and now its not so great again so vet said we should give her renal food once more. and probably for a long time if not for the rest of her life.

i need to choose between these types of DRY renal dog food: Sience Diet KD, Eukanuba Renal, and Royal Canine Renal.

please tell which one is the best from what you know. from reading a little i know all of them are'nt really great but I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.
so please DO NOT suggest any other dog food because where i live this is the best i can get. trust me, if i could get better i swear i would.

i worry about my dog and i really need your help so please answer... i need to buy the new food asap.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like Royal Canin better then the others, but I have fed Science Diet Rx diets before. I just think RC is better quality overall. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, this may be too late for you. My dog was on Urinary SO (for stones) for about 4 years until she got Chronic Renal Failure. I think the Urinary SO diet is Royal Canin. Its expensive, but it seemed to keep the kidney stones at bay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had our buddy on the K/D, and quite frankly it's a horrible food! not much nutitional value at all. Too little fiber, and too low protein. The one item I've found in research is to find a food low in phosphorus, somewhere between 0.4-0.6%. That's very hard to do unless you want to fix your own diet for your dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts