Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Honestly? I think it's a bit feminine, but not terribly so.

I think either gender COULD pull it off, but I picture it on a female easier.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, it could go either way. But mostly to the lady side. :wink: Especially if you bedazzle it with Swarovski's. :biggrin:

Weird little tidbit: My Polish husband insists that Ania wear a collar with red on it because their is a superstition that wearing red prevents someone from putting a curse on you. Strange, but he never insists that I wear red..... :frown:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
What a gorgeous collar! So pretty, but maybe a little on the girlie side. :biggrin:
There are so many to choose from! I really like the one with the flames. I think I will order that next for Duncan! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
^^^Never mind I see it. I wish it were black though...

There's the yellow/orange flames and then the blue flames. Both are pretty cool. Still trying to make up your mind??? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's the yellow/orange flames and then the blue flames. Both are pretty cool. Still trying to make up your mind??? :biggrin:
I can't choose, they are so beautiful LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I can't choose, they are so beautiful LOL!!!
I know! :biggrin: I could sit and just look and look. Too hard to decide.....maybe you need one of each! Haha. :smile:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^I just wish I had a boutique near me like this. I would go there and take Aspen and put the collars on him, one by one. That would be so much easier... :tongue:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
^^^I just wish I had a boutique near me like this. I would go there and take Aspen and put the collars on him, one by one. That would be so much easier... :tongue:
I think I must be a total dog nerd, but that sounds like fun to me! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I also think it's a touch on the girly side. It's just that it's kinda a flowery pattern on it, and all. haha.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Just checked out Lupine dog collars. Yes, they are very nice but (IMO) they just don't have the same workmanship and love put into them.

At 2houndsdesign they make each collar by hand, and you can tell. I feel that they are a step or two above the type of collars you can get at a pet store. And the HUGE selling point for me is that they donate to fundraisers and charities often. The two collars that I purchased are VERY special to me. A percentage of each collar bought was donated to a research group that works on finding a cure for osteosarcoma (bone cancer) which is what my Rottie died from.

Just like dog food, I don't mind spending a bit more when it goes to a reliable company. Same with these collars. It's worth it, imo. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
We love these collars, and glad to have shared the site with the members here. I wont buy collars from any other place but here, I have nothing but good things to say about 2Hounds. We buy the girls new collars every 6 months or so just because its so hard to decide on which ones we like, it takes a few weeks for us to come down to a decision.

I will say that the Asian silk collars are not as hardy as some of the others. The silk tends to snag on things, and if you have a dog that itches a lot I wouldn't get a silk one.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Girly? Not really. I just cringe at $33 for a thing that goes around his neck, when Lupine makes great looking collars for 1/3rd the price.
I guess if it's worth it to you it's worth it though.:)
I honestly haven't seen a collar that can come close to the quality of 2HD. Their workmanship and quality exceeds anything we've ever seen.

I'm VERY happy to pay $30-40 for one of their collars.

I checked out Lupine collars and didn't see anything special. I've never been a fan of stitched webbing collars anyways. Also looks like they only make up to 1 inch collars and we get 2 inch collars for all of our girls...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I honestly haven't seen a collar that can come close to the quality of 2HD. Their workmanship and quality exceeds anything we've ever seen.
I totally agree. Once you hold one in your hand there is just no comparison to anything else.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts