Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Our little guy, Bentley, is a 13-month mini Labradoodle.
We have struggled on the food dept with him. He started out with Natural Balance duck& potato but he seemed to have stool//digestive issues; we moved him to NB venison but same thing. We finally tried Acana Pacific fish and Natural Balance fish, which was great for stools/stomach but we think his itchiness started to flare up. Vet recommended an Iams food, for sensitive skin with Kangaroo protein. Itching less of a problem but he doesn't like food. We tried Acana once more but itchiness prevails.
Went to local pet food store and he's recommended Taste of the Wild (fowl). It is grain free.
We will mix it in initially with the Iams. But any thoughts on TOTW? Or is this going to be trail & error for a while? Or will we have to live with either bad stools or itchiness?
Cheers, Bentley0228

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have 2 very sensitive bichons (digestive and skin) and TOTW made them tear themselves up. Red, itchy skin, yeast infections in ears and on feet, etc.

The only food I've had any luck with as far as good digestion and no itchy, yeasty skin is PetGuard Lifespan. Every time I change, I wind up back with it again.

Works for us :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts