Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 61lb weimaraner, he should weigh at least 75lbs. He has frequent loose stools and is currently on steroids. I want to feed him raw but he is allergic to chicken and beef, everything i read about raw says to start with chicken, what do i start with? How do i add weight to him, it seems raw keeps them leaner. Thank you,

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Dogs who are allergic to a type of food be it chicken or beef in cooked form (kibble) do not have the same allergy to it in the raw form. My male Bull terrier was allergic to beef kibble and couldn't eat anything with beef ingredients. Beef is now his favorite in his RAW diet. Cooking changes the composition of food, raw is the best thing you can do for your dog who has allergies.

Reactions: carole

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I want to feed him raw but he is allergic to chicken and beef, everything i read about raw says to start with chicken, what do i start with?
Start with chicken. It is very very rare for a dog to be allergic to any animal product. IF he has a food allergy, it will most likely be to grains. A dog(carnivore) being allergic to any kind of animal would be like a cow (herbivore) being allergic to grass.

How do i add weight to him, it seems raw keeps them leaner. Thank you,
Don't worry about adding weight right now. That will come naturally as he becomes adjusted to a raw diet. A raw diet will make an overweight dog leaner and a thin dog heavier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts