Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had such a high demand for alpaca meat here in Texas "Show Dogs, Domestic Animals ect". We have decided to help all. If you are interested alpaca meat for your animals please shoot over an email. We can ship to your door step."Ready to Eat" We are not here to advertise but, we want to collect information on the results you have been receiving from feeding the alpaca meat. Here is a breakdown of our meat;

100% Natural and Organic
100% Antibiotic Free
100% No Fillers adders ect.
100% Alpaca Meat

Product comparison of 4oz. ground samples
Alpaca Protein (%) 25% - Beef -23.2% Pork- 17.4% Lamb-18.7% Turkey- 21.2%

Herd is raised internally, and is fed 100% Fodder silage, with a natural de-wormier added. Marbling of our alpaca meat is our #1 focus for grinding into raw meat for domestic animals.

Please Tell us your experience feeding Alpaca meat. We would like to know..

1. How much do you feed? Per day?
2. Type animal? Weight? Age? ect.
2. Do you mix it with dry food?
3. Do you prefer having it canned? "Storing Purposes" Instead of freezing or refrigerated.
4. Do your animals have to build up the appetite for the meat?
5. What kind of results have you encountered weight gain, coat ect...

Happy Feeding to all!!
D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with Fundog!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello MollyWoppy, emirae1091, Fundog

I am so sorry for the late response. My wife and I just had a brand new little girl. Very excited :)

Fundog - All our alpaca's are fotter fed with mineral supplements our finishing cattle are fed the silage correction on our end - http://farmtek.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/technology-center23.jpg

MollyWoppy, emirae1091, Fundog - How much we looking to purchase at one time?

D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! How do you ship to keep the meat frozen? I have a home in Phoenix and I am going to be there in May...

·
Registered
461 Posts
The meat would be better if the animals were grass fed, not silage fed.

And unfortunately for me, the cost of shipping would be prohibitive.
Fodder is grass grown from grain in a system without dirt. Many livestock owners are feeding fodder in order to provide fresh grown, nutrient dense young greens. Fodder is typically fed on days 6-8 of growth. Wheat and barley are the most commonly used grains for growing fodder.

I feed fodder to my chickens, grow it right in my kitchen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts