Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am about to get my first puppy ever so I am welcoming any and all advice.
Atticus is a male Shorkie (Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix). We are picking him up in 2 weeks so we are doing as much prep work as we can.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Congratulations on your new upcoming addition, and welcome to the wonderful world of dog ownership.
You'll learn everything about feeding your puppy you need to know here, as well as some basic care, and ethical breeding practices.
We hope to see pictures when you get your new baby. Where are you getting it from? Puppies are so much fun, but a ton of work, so enjoy the next two weeks of sleep!

·
Banned
493 Posts
The most important thing for your new puppy, and throughout the rest of his entire life, will be his diet. commercial dog foods are not natural for a dog. The best thing you can feed your dog is a prey model diet, which consists of meat, organ meat, and bone. (ex- cheapest/easiest thing to feed are chicken quarters) dogs are virtually identical to wolves genetically, and need the same diet as a wolf eats in nature to retain optimal health.

the 2 main types of raw fed diets are barf and prey model. barf is basically meat and bones with added fruits/veggies. in my opinion, this is unnatural, for dogs cannot properly digest and use nutri3ents in fruits/veggies. wolves dont need them in the wild, and neither does your dog. with fresh meat, organ meat, and bones, your dog will have all the nutrients it needs.

*if u want more info about prey model diets, check out some of the other raw fed posts, which explain nearly everything you need to know. feel free to contact me or someone else here if you have questions. Thanks and good luck with your new puppy!:smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts