Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My husband and I have 2 miniature schnauzers, age 2 and 2 1/2. We got both of them when they were about 10-12 weeks of age. After trying many types of food, they would finally eat Exclusive made by PMI nutrition. We were also putting small chunks of chicken roll made by Pet Botanics on top of the food. Our youngest schnauzer had a severe case of pancreatitis about a month ago and the lab results also revealed hypothyroidism, an elevated cholesterol (586) and elevated triglycerides (4022). After the pancreatitis attack she started on thyroid medicine and we had switched the food to Exclusive reduced fat (11%). I found this forum last week while trying to research ingredients in dog food and dog treats. After research we were shocked at what is really in our dog food! :eek: Last week we switched to Blue Buffalo Weight Control (6% fat) and now make my treats from canned Blue Buffalo food. She will have her blood drawn in about 2 months to see if this helps. In one week we have noticed that they both have a higher energy level and the youngest schnauzer's eyes no longer have constant drainage. We can't wait to see the lab results. This forum is a great source of information! Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and Welcome! Your schnuazers are too cute:wink:! Love that look on them! You will get lots of info. here! Have fun on the forum!:biggrin:

Reactions: MyGirls

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello

Hello-We are in Massillon, which is near Canton, and 2 1/2 hours north of Columbus. This has been a great site for information. I can't believe how much I have learned and how much bad stuff we were feeding our dogs! I look forward to learning more and everyone has been so nice! Thank you vere much!! Hope you like your new place and I am sure you will not miss the winters here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts