Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone. I'm new here. My name is Ekaterin (it's Russian lol), and I live and work in NY as a psychologist. I am a proud mommy of 5 rescued Doxies; Fargo, Duncan, Joe, Frankie, and Vegas. I am also planning to adopt 2more Dachshunds from our local Dachshund rescue organization. Their names are Sydney and Caruso. They are two gorgeous little Doxies that were taken from a neglectful owner. They both have heartworm and respiratory infections, and I'm sponsoring them until they are ready to come home with me. I raw feed all my Dachshunds, and have had very good results. I rotate with beef, chicken, goat, mice, pheasant, rabbit, sheep, duck, fish, green tripe, pork, and turkey. Sometimes I feed pureed chicken eggs and raw goats milk too. On occasion I will feed whole mice or whole rabbits as a prey item. As treats I use dehydrated beef liver, lung, trips, trachea, bully sticks, chicken breast stripes, ground goat, ground rabbit, pigs ears, liver, rabbit ears and feet. I supplement their diet sometimes with a product called Seacure, and salmon oil. Their favorite treat in the whole world is bully sticks! I spend close to $300 on bully sticks every year. Raw food is around $1,000 a year by itself. I never use any flea or tick control products, and I've never had fleas. I sprinkle generous amounts of Diatomaceous Earth on my dogs' coats one a month and brush any excess off boar bristle brush. I use a flea comb on them daily to get rid of any bug, pest, or unwanted debre that gets into their coats. I also add garlic to their food once a week, and bath them with calendula extract twice a month. Before I take them outside for a walk or a romp at the dog park I will spray their coats with mixture of almond oil and rubbing alcohol, which repels any bugs. I also wash their beds every few weeks with borate. I've never seen one flea, tick, or any other bug on my dogs, not to mention; no need to heartworm preventative.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome and congrats on all your doxies! You have a big heart and a full home there! Have fun on the the forum!:smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts