Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I have an amazing 5 month old husky that we just love! She is a very good pup, but we have been having a few issues with her dog food. We started her out on blue buffalo which was recommended to us and she has been on that since 1 week ago. My husband and I were getting concerned as she was having regular bouts of diarrhea, especially at night. We took her to the vet and she got everything checked out and is fine except for this. My husband to my objection went out and bought her some eucanuba, which she loved and she seemed to be alot better. The only problem is I think it's crappy food as the second ingredient is cornmeal, so I did some research and found great reviews on orijen which I have just purchased. I also just read that some dogs are allergic to chicken so maybe that is the cause? All of the brands that we have bought were chicken. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey,

We have a lot of information on dry food on these forums so have fun! My husky is now 15 months old. Food wise, yes Eukanuba is horrible. I have my pup alternating between EVO, Orijen, and sometimes Merrick. Though I have read and heard of dogs being allergic to specific meats....I still think thats a bit extreme...after all...they're carnivores. It took me a while to find the food that my pup would be ok with (she has a pretty sensitive system). But it is getting better as she gets older.

Reactions: huskyfan

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome! :biggrin:You'll get tons of information here! Have fun and enjoy the forum! :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts