Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I was so happy to find this forum, as I am always searching for a great food for my 15 mth old Golden Retriever, Benny, and my 11 mth old Cavalier Bichon Mix, Katie. I think that Katie would be ok on most foods, but she is a bit picky. Benny would eat anything, but he does have some digestive issues. His stool does get soft on some foods, and his anal gland becomes impacted as well, as a result of the soft stools. He seems to be particularly bad with chicken based foods. He becomes gassy, loose stools, and his eyes run terribly. We just switched to Blue Buffalo Sweet Potato and Salmon, and so far so good, after a slow switch. We are midway through the first 15 lb bag.
Does anyone here use this food? What are your opinions?

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Your dogs are lucky to have you! I've never fed Blue Buffalo but have heard wonderful things about it. Rannmiller is a big fan of Blue Buffalo and can tell you more. I'm glad you're here to learn more about good food for your furbabies.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
HI and welcome! I don't use Blue Buffalo so I am interested in how it works! Keep us updated!

Reactions: skeller

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
:tongue:Hello and welcome!
Blue Buffalo is a pretty good food. I personally don't use it but going off the ingredients list, and the reports I've heard of it, if it's working for you, stick with it.
:tongue:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome!
We feed Blue Buffalo Adult Chicken/Brown Rice to our Irish Setters-used to feed them other stuff before we knew any better. I guess there's also other better quality dog food than BB but it seems to be working well for us. We had one once that could only tolerate duck & potato, we tried everything & that was the only thing we could find that she could eat.
Good luck with yours!
:smile:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Until I get a freezer for feeding raw again (oh how I miss it), I have been feeding Brian BB's Wilderness. It's a great food.

Welcome to the board!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts