Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I am Brittany and have a 1.5 year 16lb (yep) Yorkie named Jackson. He has been such a joy to my life. I got him at 18 and am now 20 so he's my first dog. We spend as much time together as we can and he goes with me pretty much everywhere that he can.

Since getting him as a 9 week old pup, I've been concerned about what I'm feeding him and consider myself semi-knowledgeable on dog food. I'm often giving advice on other forums, etc, but I'm still always learning of course... so I came across this forum FOR dog food and the geek in me just HAD to join!:biggrin::biggrin:

Btw, he's currently eating Acana (rotating between Grasslands and Prairie). He's always been very picky. Sometimes he wouldn't eat for days. He ate NV Instinct for about 8 months with really good luck, but also got bored with it, and seemed to gain a bit of weight on it (he's never been fat or overweight, but just gained some that usually wasn't there). Anyways, he's doing pretty well on Acana right now but I'm always looking to rotate so he doesn't get bored.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome! Glad you joined....considering all of us here are dog geeks, especially in regards to food and nutrition!

I know that a lot of the kibble feeders here have a rotation of foods that they like and can share some information on that with you :biggrin:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the welcome! All the dogs I see above are beautiful. I particularly have a soft spot for Rotties. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welcome!!
From one animal geek to another! :wink:
I'm sure you will fit right in!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts