Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am so happy to have found this forum!

I am a wife and stay at home mom of two children. We have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. We live in Eastern Oregon.

Currently we have a 10 year old spayed German Shorthair Pointer named Lucky. She is an excellent dog and still going strong! She loves to chase the ball and go for long walks. We recently lost our 9 year old Rottweiler to bone cancer. He was a great dog. I did lots of obedience and agility training with him. He was my special boy and I miss him very much.

In July we will hopefully be getting a Black Russian Terrier puppy. The entire family is so excited. By July we will ready to move on to the next stage of our lives with a new family member.

Not only is socializing, training, and exercise important to every dog, so is the food you feed!

Look forward to learing more and meeting you all!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hi and welcome! :D
Congrats on the incoming new addition!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welcome! I am headed to your part of the country in a couple weeks. Sorry for your loss. I lost my 4 1/2 yr Rott in August to the same thing. I never knew what Osteoscarcoma was, and within 28 days, I wished I never did.
This place is a wealth of information! I'm sure you'll find all your looking for, and then some!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your soon to be new addition!
We have a great little community here, so stick around and jump right in, we're glad to have you!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! I am headed to your part of the country in a couple weeks. Sorry for your loss. I lost my 4 1/2 yr Rott in August to the same thing. I never knew what Osteoscarcoma was, and within 28 days, I wished I never did.
This place is a wealth of information! I'm sure you'll find all your looking for, and then some!
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Nothin like being in the company of fellow dog lovers. :biggrin:

Khan-Sorry to hear of your loss too. Osteoscarcoma is awful. Our rottie, Kodi, was diagnosed on December 23rd. I had him put down on January 27th. He developed it in his back right leg and his front left leg. The last few days watching him go down hill so fast was almost as hard as making the decision to put him down. He was my big teddy bear. I miss his so much.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sorry about your rottie, they're great, sweet dogs.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welocome to the forum! Have a fun time here! You wil get lots of information!

So sorry to hear about your rotty. They can be the most affectionate dogs! A neighbor had one ~lived a bit away from us ~never had to leash that dog ever! So well behaved and trained!

You have your hands full with the kids and soon new additon and pup!
Take good care!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts