Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, My name is Leah and I'm in Denver, CO. I was referred by a friend of mine (not sure what his screen name is). Just going to lurk a bit to get some information on raw feeding for my pooch. I have a 1 year old brindle boxer named Capone. He's currently eating Canidae ALS, but after noticing lack of appetite, vomiting, loose stool and weight loss (after 6 months on the food) I'm looking to change his diet.

Cheers!

Here's my boy:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Ah crap...not another lurker LOL :tongue:

And you will find a wealth of information and knowledgeable people here on the boards. Luckily you have plenty of resources in Denver, and we can give you all of our connections too!

I recommend starting here...read it through about 10 times and come back with any questions :biggrin:

Skylar, Zack, and Abby on the WEB

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!
A boxer, a boxer, another boxer! I'm loving the recent influx of Boxer owners. (obviously I'm a boxer stalker. lol)
You'll find all your answers here, and PLEASE post more boxer pictures!! (I have a 5 month old Brindle female)

·
Banned
493 Posts
Welcome! Your boxer looks so comfortable:biggrin:

Glad you're thinking about switching to a raw diet! I recently got my dog on a raw prey model diet, and I can honestly say that I have been thoroughly impressed with the immediate results! It really is one of the best diet's you could provide for your dog! Also, this would be a great diet to consider for your dog's digestion issues. Raw diets are not only highly digestible, but digest very quickly which results in more firm, idea bowel movements. The bone also helps to firm the stool. Again, glad to have you!:smile:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome, from a fellow Denverite!! I hope you decide to switch Capone. I switched my dog about two months ago and haven't felt better about what she eats and how she looks. Feel free to ask any question! I think I was asking two a day on here when I first started and was paranoid about everything! everyone on here is so supportive and helpful!! Congrats and Good luck!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
He looks so inquisitive like he sees something and is ready to go get it haha!:smile:

Since the bad recalls with canidae a while back, (I am sure they have improved alot by now) I just leave it alone plenty of great foods out there to switch to! Go to your Mom & Pop store and just start reading ingredients!

Go to Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble

This will give you a good start!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Except she wants to switch to raw :wink: :biggrin:
UGH! I was so intent on seeing the canidae ha something got lost in translation for me haha! Sorry 'bout that!:redface:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts