Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we are Caroline and Carl and we are doglovers and we currently have 2 Boerboels.
We live in Colorado in the foothills South West from Denver in the Red Rocks area.

We are very interested in anything regarding dog health and behaviour.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, we are Caroline and Carl and we are doglovers and we currently have 2 Boerboels.
We live in Colorado in the foothills South West from Denver in the Red Rocks area.

We are very interested in anything regarding dog health and behaviour.
.... and we have started both dogs as puppies on Canidae as the breeder had been feeding.
The oldest we started on BARF at 6 month for a few meals per week.
So far we have tried; Timberwolf, Nature's Logic, Taste of the Wild, Fromm.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yeah, you are paying waaaaay too much! Believe me there are much cheaper ways to feed your dogs raw food and I'd venture to say it's better than BARF. It's called prey model raw. I feed all three of my dogs (65 lbs, 45 lbs, and 25 lbs dogs) on it for about $60/month at the most! That works out to only $720/per year for all three of my dogs (so approximately $240/dog/year). It's the most basic and natural form of feeding your dogs like they would feed themselves in the wild. Check out this website from our user Rawfeddogs: Skylar, Zack, and Abby on the WEB

Feel free to start a thread if you have any more questions about raw and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I'm in Colorado too.

I'm new to this forum as well. Came here while searching for a new food for my dog, as she hasn't adjusted well to the new Canidae since they changed their recipe. I have my girl on Natural Balance right now, as it is good for dogs with allergies, which my Keena now as since eating the new Canidae. I am going to try some of the all-meat kibble once she is more stable from her allergies. I think I may do a mix of what she is on now, with a high meat no filler kibble. Anyway...I'm Northern Colorado in Windsor. Just wanted to say hi and welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts