Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have recently been doing some research on what food to feed out 2 dogs and came across this site.

We have a 6 month old Black Lab and a 2 year old Golden Retriever. I started feeding the golden Nutro from day one. I have since learned that Nutro is not a great food and wanted to feed something better. I am looking for suggestions on a good food for a good price. We have switched our lab puppy to Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy and she really seems to love it - then again she will eat anything, including non food items. The Adult bag of Nutro is almost out, and I am trying to decide whether to switch to Blue Buffalo Adult for the golden, or maybe something else?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have never fed it, but I have heard that Blue Buffalo is good food, if you are happy with it, I say go for it. Another food that I have heard good things about, is Taste of the Wild. Again have never tried it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have never fed it, but I have heard that Blue Buffalo is good food, if you are happy with it, I say go for it. Another food that I have heard good things about, is Taste of the Wild. Again have never tried it.
Mark77ap,
Both of these foods are VERY good kibble. I have been feeding my Owen (English Bull Terrier) the BlueBuffalo and he has done well. I also have a friend that will feed nothing but Taste of the Wild or BlueBuffalo to her dog who has allergies. I also had a mastiff puppy that my brother-in-law now has and he is on that large breed puppy and he almost doubled his size from his brother and sisters who had been taken off of it when they went to their new homes. It really is good food.
My suggestion is, if you like the food now and the dogs don't have any problems with it either, then stick with it. The only reason that I decided to go raw with my Owen is because the breed does better with less allergies, skin problems and over all health issues on prey model food. I also like the benificial 'side effects' of the raw feeding. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mark, where is Blue Buffalo made? Orijen, Horizon Legacy and Go Natural are all rated top notch and are made in Canada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts