Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am the proud mama of a 11 year old Chihuahua named Benson, a 7 year old Chihuahua named Rue, a 6 year old Boston Terrier named Tootsie, and a Heinz 57 mix named Chloe who is almost a year old. We also have 4 cats: 17 year old Max, 6 year old Annie Hall, and 12 week old twins Oliver and Georgia.
>whew< that was alot...lol.

I am very worried as I had all of my babies on Innova, except for Rue who is on a special KD diet for kidneys. When I went to purchase my weekly case of canned food, I was informed Protor and Gamble bought out Natura foods. I REFUSE to have any association with P&G, for quality reasons, and also due to the fact they animal test and have been cited for animal cruelty in the past. Now I am forced to research food again, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction? I am torn right now between Fromms, Wellness, and Merrick. Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! :smile: Nice to have you.
A lot of us are a bit worried about the take over by P&G as well. I hope you find some helpful info. here. I currently feed the Champion foods (Orijen and Acana) and have been very pleased with them.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
There have been several threads in the last few weeks about the buy out. I think it would be worth your while to read them. What kind of kidney problem does Rue have. Many problems don't require that KD garbage. I would venture to say most don't although the vet has always been told by the dog food salesman, "if the dog has a kidney problem, feed KD." He has been brainwashed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts