Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Todd and I am new here to the forum. I currently have a 2.5 year old labrador/pit bull mix named Lucky (cleaver name right? LOL). I love her dearly, and feed her a natural, healthy raw/high quality kibble diet. She gets kibble in the morning, and raw at night. I am fascinated with animal nutrition, and spend countless hours every day doing online research, finding out how I can improve the overall health/longevity of my best friend! She love to exercise, and get about 2 hours of it every day! Part of that is every night when I take her to the doggy part to play with her friends (rain, snow, sleet, hail, or shine! lol) I love her to death!

Anyway, I just started this thread to introduce myself, and say that I'm very honored to be apart of this great online community. Thanks!:smile:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have another dog enthusiast on here :wink:

And its great that you feed raw too! Put up pictures of your dog too!

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Glad to have another dog enthusiast on here :wink:

And its great that you feed raw too! Put up pictures of your dog too!
ok sure will. thanks!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
She gets kibble in the morning, and raw at night. I am fascinated with animal nutrition, and spend countless hours every day doing online research, finding out how I can improve the overall health/longevity of my best friend!
If you have done a lot of research and feed raw one meal a day, why do you want to dumb down the raw diet with junk kibble? Do your dog a favor and get rid of the kibble and stick to raw.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have done a lot of research and feed raw one meal a day, why do you want to dumb down the raw diet with junk kibble? Do your dog a favor and get rid of the kibble and stick to raw.
The reason is because I have to leave very early in the morning, and it is convenient. I only give her about 1 cup then. I use high quality/grain free kibble. I am currently using wellness core. kibble is like her morning snack. The bulk of her diet is raw.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The reason is because I have to leave very early in the morning, and it is convenient. I only give her about 1 cup then. I use high quality/grain free kibble. I am currently using wellness core. kibble is like her morning snack. The bulk of her diet is raw.
Our dogs only eat once a day and sometimes skip a day if their last meal was larger than normal.

There's 0 reason to feed your dog kibble in the AM (except to possibly make yourself feel better :wink:)

If you wanna give a morning "snack" throw her a beef rib as you're walking out the door. She'll thank you for it

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our dogs only eat once a day and sometimes skip a day if their last meal was larger than normal.

There's 0 reason to feed your dog kibble in the AM (except to possibly make yourself feel better :wink:)

If you wanna give a morning "snack" throw her a beef rib as you're walking out the door. She'll thank you for it
ok thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I use a chicken back for morning snack. Main meal is evening meal. My dogs can down a chicken back in about 30 seconds and they are real cheap. $14 for a 40lb case. There are about 80 or so backs in a case. Thats $14 for over a months worth of breakfast for 2 dogs. Can't hardly beat that. :smile:

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really wanna see pics of your dog!!!
sure thing. ill try and get some up tonight!

btw u probably already answered this,but is your dog a lab/pit mix?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum!
Ha I am laughing about the name description! Lucky!
Our 10 and 1/2 year old beagle gee named LUCKY haha! We surprised our kids one day by telling them we were going out for a new couch (gee silly thing to say) but anyway we came home with this little male beagle puppy! My one daughter asked how many puppies there were and I told her there were 4 and he( Lucky) sort of picked us! And she retorted how Lucky he was and that is how he got his name Lucky!:smile:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Hey Todd, I did respond in that other thread you asked that on. As far as we can tell, Pennywise is a lab/pit mix but she only weighs 45 lbs. How much does your dog weight?

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Todd, I did respond in that other thread you asked that on. As far as we can tell, Pennywise is a lab/pit mix but she only weighs 45 lbs. How much does your dog weight?
my dog weighs about 65 pounds. she's not very big, but she is all muscle. ill post some pics of her soon.:smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts