Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are new to this forum but want to say thank you to all the posters and moderators for all of the helpful information.

I have an nine-year-old fox terrier who we adopted almost two years ago. He had a pretty rough life and, from what we know, lived in a cage since he was a puppy. But he has learned about the world quickly and loves his new life. Every day is a new adventure for him and he is becoming more and more confident.

For the past six months, he has had some bouts of what the vet thinks is colitis resulting from the way he has been treated. That is what brought us to this site. The information about food has been very helpful and we have been trying Natural Balance. So again much, much thanks.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
congrats on adopting your pooch!

Kudos to you for adopting! Sounds like you are giving this little pooch a wonderful life. The life he was meant to have! It takes heroic people to do incredible delightful deeds! And that is you! You will love the sight and have alot of fun here! Welcome to the sight!:smile:

Reactions: foxtrdogma

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi-welcome!
We've only been here a little while & we've found folks to be friendly & interested & helpful here. Don't be shy-ask the questions-watch the posts-you'll learn as we are.
Congrats on your fox terrier. We had 2 (toy) fox terriers for a little while (foster) & they were lots of fun.
Welcome!:smile:

L

·
0 Posts
Hello & Welcome, nice having you here!! I think Natural Balance is one of the better products you can get for your money. It's readily available, good quality, and reasonably priced. I always recommend that brand to the adopters who adopt my foster Labs. Enjoy the Forum!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your dog is doing great. Thank Goodness for folks like you. I just recently switched to Ultra Natural Balance and my dogs are doing much better on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much again

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.

I really appreciate your encouraging words and I'm looking forward to exploring the site more. I've already gotten such great advice and I've only been on for twelve hours! I need to figure out how to use it better.

I also want to thank those of you in rescue--what you do is remarkable.

My little guy is adjusting well. He had no training but was an excellent lap sitter and very affectionate from the beginning--so I believe someone was kind to him. But everything was foriegn to him--the house, grass, walking on a leash, etc.

I'm hoping to become more educated through this site. My little guy came into the shelter with a group of beagles and all they knew was that he had been used in "dog food testing" and had no training. It has been an adventure for both of us and a challenge but always rewarding. He is a total sweetheart and loves everybody.

If anyone has any information on rehoming and the health of research dogs used in food studies, I'd be grateful. Any tips on how to make his life the best ever would be welcome. Thanks again!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.

I really appreciate your encouraging words and I'm looking forward to exploring the site more. I've already gotten such great advice and I've only been on for twelve hours! I need to figure out how to use it better.

I also want to thank those of you in rescue--what you do is remarkable.

My little guy is adjusting well. He had no training but was an excellent lap sitter and very affectionate from the beginning--so I believe someone was kind to him. But everything was foriegn to him--the house, grass, walking on a leash, etc.

I'm hoping to become more educated through this site. My little guy came into the shelter with a group of beagles and all they knew was that he had been used in "dog food testing" and had no training. It has been an adventure for both of us and a challenge but always rewarding. He is a total sweetheart and loves everybody.

If anyone has any information on rehoming and the health of research dogs used in food studies, I'd be grateful. Any tips on how to make his life the best ever would be welcome. Thanks again!
This is great!!!! One of my dogs is from a rescue and she was a kennel dog used only to have a litter. She is warm and friendly to me and timid to others... However, with a little time she will warm up to them too. I had another rescue dog like this and she was also wonderful. I think dogs from rescues are great dogs when they are w/the right family!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts