Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, just joined the site.

I started feeding a prey-model diet about 8 months ago and have since switched to pre-made ground meals, no veggie content.

I work at a Tail Blazers pet healthfood store, maybe some of you are familiar with it?

I have two dogs and two kittens: Kye is a year-old spayed border collie/hound type mix; Rio is a year-old spayed border collie/husky mix; Deia (Deeya) is a medium-haired calico and her sister Rya is a short-haired torbi, both are 4 months old and absolutely love their raw!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Why'd you switch to pre-made ground? just curious!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Hello and welcome! You'll find all the information you need on canine nutrition and raw feeding you need here.
Just curious though, why switch from prey-model to pre-made? Just wondering. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
LOL We are all curious why the switch to pre-made ground? It actually takes away from the benefits of a prey model raw diet...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Sounds like alot of fun to work at a pet food store! Something I owuld love to do!
Have fun here!:smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
You went from prey model to ground? Why would you do that? A prey model diet is much better than ground. And why no veggies? Dogs do need some fruits and veggies. They do not need a lot, but they do need some in order to balance their diet. Just feeding raw ground meat is going to make an unbalanced meal. Try adding a bit of broccoli, lettuce, spinach, or kelp.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hehe, where in the world do you get the idea that dogs need fruits and veggies? What is in them that they don't get in meat, bones, and organs? What do you balance by adding fruits and veggies? When would a wild wolf in Montana ever come in contact with kelp? or broccoli? Or lettuce? or spinich?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts