Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else here tried Freshpet Select? My Chinese Crested/Toy Poodle, Baxter LOVES it! He prefers the Chicken, Vegetable & Rice Recipe, but we're thinking about trying the Chunky Beef, Vegetable & Rice Recipe.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have! I used it when I knew I needed to upgrade from kibble, but wasn't ready to go all the way to raw. Darcy loved it, but it made her drink a LOT more water, so I'm not sure it would be good long term. I think it's too high in sodium. I was going to use it when I went out of town recently, because she was going to stay at a kennel and I wasn't sure if they'd be okay with raw, but she wound up staying at my friends' place instead so it wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
we tried it and it was universially disliked by all three of mine. They especially hated the "veggie chunks". I could get them to eat the "meaty" part if I coated it in gravy but thet wouldn't touch those "veggie" pieces.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, I used it before I switched over to raw. I would mix it with Jaeger's kibble because I couldn't get him to eat it plain. Go figure... I too noticed him drinking a lot more water on this but overall he liked it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
My original pack of dogs loved it (Gobie, minpin RIP, Lexi, bichon, RIP, and Darby, bichon, 12 years and counting!) but it's salty and they drank a lot.

Other than that they looked good, no skin issues, or poop issues. Have not tried it on my current crew other than Darby.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought it for my cat for awhile (the roasted meals in a bag). She loved it, but I was just worried about the sodium content so I haven't bought it for quite awhile now. I also bought a small bag of the roasted meals for dogs to top their kibble and they also loved it. Again, it was a short lived feeding regimen....for some reason, I just didn't feel all that comfortable using it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts