Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm quite thrilled to be part of such a well informed and helpful community of dog lovers. The incredible amount of information that's available here is so helpful and truly indispensible.

I adopted two dogs from a local animal shelter and they are the loves of my life. Ms. Bayley Olivia is a shorty Jack Russell Terrier (~3 years old). She was picked up as a stray so there's no history on her other than some physical signs that she has had at least one litter of puppies.

Bayley is the definition of a Princess Diva but I think that's in the job description for all JRT's. LOL! She smothers me with her kisses and dotes on me so much that I am convinced she believes I am her pup. My sweetheart!

Mr. Bobby Oliver is a black & white, long-haired chihuhua/spaniel mix. He's ~ 3years old and he was also a stray. He has the most elegant carriage with long, thin legs that are accented with four white socks. He also has a fluffy patch of white fur on his neck that makes it appear as though he's wearing an ascot...quite the gentleman. Bobby may be timid & shy but he can steal your heart with his abundance of charm. He's my little prince.

Regarding their names...my family & I wanted something that would reference their days as orphans so we decided to name them after one of the world's most famous orphans, Charles Dickens' beloved orphan - Oliver Twist. That's how Bobby Oliver and Bayley Olivia (the female version of Oliver) were named. :biggrin:

View attachment 637

View attachment 638

View attachment 639

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Nice to have you here! Welcome to the forum. :biggrin:
What gorgeous dogs, thanks for already sharing their pics. And, I love the story behind how they got their names! Very sweet and thoughful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
;44029 said:
Hello nice dogs you have I think its great that you rescued your furry family members :wink:
Thank you! We got our first family dog through a breeder back in the 80's but ever since then we decided to only adopt rescues from now on. Your fur baby is absolutely beautiful. :smile:

Nice to have you here! Welcome to the forum. :biggrin:
What gorgeous dogs, thanks for already sharing their pics. And, I love the story behind how they got their names! Very sweet and thoughful.
Your kind words are very much appreciated. Thank you! Ditto, when it comes to your fur babies...gorgeous pups! :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome! You have a wonderful family there and I'm so glad you've joined up here!!! Happy posting :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great looking dogs you have there, thanks for sharing the cute pictures! Good for you for rescuing, too!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@danemama08: Thank you so much! Oh wow...your babies are absolute perfection. I thought my two were a handful so I can only imagine how exciting it is in your home. The more the merrier, I say! :biggrin:

@CorgiPaws: Many thanks for your sweet comment. Your pup is killing me with all of that cuteness. Oooh, those big eyes are just too much. So sweet! :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts