Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a tough time estimating Annie's ideal adult weight. Boxers range so widely, it could be anywhere from 50-80 lbs. That's a pretty broad range.
Any tips on estimating how big she'll be? Her sire was a pretty big boy, but the dam was rather petite. Do I just assume she'll be average? Guess 65 lbs?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm new to raw, but I would just guess 70-80, and feed for that weight. If she gains, cut back, if not add more.

But I did see you post about boxers and how they are very lean, still I would go with the 70-80

·
Registered
219 Posts
What were the weights of the sire and dam? I'd probably just pick a number in the middle for now and adjust her intake based on her physique if needed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
In my experience, the females are usually about 10-15lbs lighter than their male counterparts. I had a litter of Boxers about 2 years ago and the two females are now 50 and 55 lbs while the males are now about 65-70 each. If you know how much the dam weighed, I would go with her weight. Since you said the sire was a big boy, perhaps add 5 lbs to that estimate, but no more than 10. :smile:

For my pup, I'm guessing 65-70 lbs, but he's a boy. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts