Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I came to this site because I am not impressed with the food that my puppy came to me with - Victor. i looked at Dog Food Advisor reviews which ultimately led me here for honest reviews and help.

My puppy also came to me with giardia and I've had a heck of a time getting him healthy. After 3 treatments he is still sick.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Welcome to DFC! I'm sorry your pup has been sick. I am assuming he has been to the vet confirming giardia? That can take some time to come back from. We had a puppy years ago with it. I'm not real familiar with kibble anymore since I don't feed it, but someone here I'm sure will be able to better help you.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Welcome and so sorry to hear about your pup! I don't feed kibble, either, but if you're interested in feeding raw I'm happy to help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
there are premium dog foods available in the market, which is way above the cheap ones.

they are protein rich, you can read the packaging for more information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have two German Shepherd Dogs, myself. I've never fed Victor before. However, I don't go by what that dog food advisor site says, as it's not run my experts by any means. Giardia is extremely common in puppies. Just do what the vet says and if needed, go back.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Welcome to DFC. So sorry your puppy is sick. I hope he will be better soon the poor thing. Did you get him from a shelter or a breeder? I have 4 dogs one of which is eating dog food and one that eats both kibble and raw. I go back and forth between Natures Logic and Wild Calling. Plus I cook a topping, you know dry kibble is just so boring. Hee, hee at least that what my dogs think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts