Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm tj and I have been married for 44 years, and have two daughters.

Kinda proud of the youngest
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp43/blunderpic/Picture001.jpg
and the oldest isn't doing all that bad either
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp43/blunderpic/dogs/nbcnationaljpg.jpg
Have one grandson, and now one greatgrandson

We have way to many dogs, and spend way to much time with them.

My dad made the fatal mistake of taking me to a field trial at the ripe ole age of 8, and I then proceeded to make enough of a nuisance of myself that my parents relented and got me my first dog (boy did I ever mess up that poor dogs training):redface: But, I learned a lot and made some life long friends in the process that taught me how to train a dog properly. Except for a short stint in the military (Vietnam) I have had competitive dogs ever since.

Oh and I feed my dogs that brown guk :wink:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I'm tj and I have been married for 44 years, and have two daughters.
If you want to have a grouchy old man contest, bring it on!!! Hehe ... I've been married 44 years also. Heck living with the same person 44 years is enough to make anyone grouchy. :smile:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Which brown guk do you feed them? There's so many to choose from!

·
Registered
241 Posts
lol. Now we can have two DFC Grandpas :smile:

Anyway, I believe we have met before somewhere, TJ :wink:

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
No I think GreenDog has you beat, he just got married in '08 and several other members on here have only been married for a few years. I'm still a bachelorette, any takers? :wink: JK

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome to the community! You guys are a riot. I'm somewhere in between as this is not my first marriage. But we've been going strong for around 17 years now. And, it's so great because we both forget our anniversary, ha, ha.:biggrin:

And, my animals still give me the MOST of everything.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi TJ!

Welcome! I am a newbie myself here! 44 years well you don't
say haha! I got married at 19 and wow the years really fly! Back then that was the thing to do! My oldest is 26 and I do not encourage marriage to any of my 5 kids until gee 30 haha! I tell them make sure you are ready and know what your doing! UGH! Well welcome to this forum and hopefully we will both be learning new things! Of course everyone has their own opinions so keep an open mind! Have fun here!:biggrin:

·
Registered
441 Posts
No I think GreenDog has you beat, he just got married in '08 and several other members on here have only been married for a few years. I'm still a bachelorette, any takers? :wink: JK
I would like to start off by saying, Welcome Grouchy Old Man to this fun forum filled with amusing threads. Some are a little more intense then others, but that is what you get when you get so many people with so much passion together on one site! :wink:
Second, I would like to say to rannmiller, you are not alone in the bachelorette catagory. I too am plastered all over that buliten board! :biggrin:
Enjoy and have fun around here! Thats what it's for! :)

·
Banned
620 Posts
I'm still a bachelorette, any takers? :wink: JK

I peeked at your profile pic, more that once! Trust me, you won't be a bachelorette for too long. Drop dead gorgeous is a good description because the guys probably put their hand to their heart and collapse whenever they get too close. I agree with Wags...wait until your 30!

Charlie

L

·
0 Posts
I peeked at your profile pic, more that once! Trust me, you won't be a bachelorette for too long. Drop dead gorgeous is a good description because the guys probably put their hand to their heart and collapse whenever they get too close. I agree with Wags...wait until your 30!
Charlie

I always seem to have the exact opposite effect on men. They all gag and vomit when they see me. :eek: I can't, for the life of me, figure out whether it's my coke-bottle eyeglasses, tuna-fish breath, hairdo, or overpowering perfume. Oh, well. Who cares? I'm happy. I have a very beautiful 16-year-old daughter who doesn't look anything like me and people have a hard time believing that she actually is my daughter. My dogs don't care how I look, anyway, and they love me just as I am (but of course they don't know that I'm really a model for Victoria's Secret.....):wink:

·
Banned
620 Posts
I always seem to have the exact opposite effect on men. They all gag and vomit when they see me. :eek: I can't, for the life of me, figure out whether it's my coke-bottle eyeglasses, tuna-fish breath, hairdo, or overpowering perfume. Oh, well. Who cares? I'm happy. I have a very beautiful 16-year-old daughter who doesn't look anything like me and people have a hard time believing that she actually is my daughter. My dogs don't care how I look, anyway, and they love me just as I am (but of course they don't know that I'm really a model for Victoria's Secret.....):wink:

Those pictures of you modeling were fantastic! Now Miss Miller may be attractive and beautiful, the future Miss Nevada, but don't be too hard on yourself. Some women like yourself are more like that fine bottle of wine, getting better and more beautiful every year time goes by.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Welcome TJ! I've been married 31 years TO a grouchy old man so I guess that counts for this thread. He actually wasn't grouchy and old when we started out but two boys and countless dogs and cats have a way of aging you. Plus we met in the military so that started the grey hairs and the grouchy part.
My dogs don't compete unless it's for attention but the baby does agility in the backyard just for the fun of it. He actually does everything in life "just for the fun of it". He's a happy dog!
Glad to have you on the board.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts