Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you know about grooming?

Do you have some experience in this area?

I want to attend some school for grooming...please recommend me some :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Although no one has responded I have researched Internet and encountered to web site of Nash Academy :

www.nashacademy.com

It seems to me that there I can learn everything about my dog :smile:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Thats the last place I would go to learn grooming. Those people are EXPENSIVE!!! If I wanted to get into grooming, I would talk to some groomers and see what they recommend. I am positive there are many cheaper ways to learn grooming.

Are you wanting to become a groomer or just learn how to groom your dog?

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you want to be a groomer, I would look for a job as a groomer. My sister was a groomer for a few years right after high school. She got a job as a groomer at an animal hospital and learned on the job. There were other animal hospitals that were willing to train on the job at the time too.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I know some local groomers are also willing to take on "apprentices" and train them as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't groom professionally, but, if I were going to, I think I would try to get a job working for a very experienced groomer and learn from them. I think hands on experience in a job like that goes a long way....

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't know how it works but I do know that PetSmart has groomers and they train them as well. If you have a PetSmart (or a PetCo) near you, you may want to check into this as well. Might be an inexpensive way to go. Good luck w/your search. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts