Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Thats the last place I would go to learn grooming. Those people are EXPENSIVE!!! If I wanted to get into grooming, I would talk to some groomers and see what they recommend. I am positive there are many cheaper ways to learn grooming.

Are you wanting to become a groomer or just learn how to groom your dog?

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you want to be a groomer, I would look for a job as a groomer. My sister was a groomer for a few years right after high school. She got a job as a groomer at an animal hospital and learned on the job. There were other animal hospitals that were willing to train on the job at the time too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't groom professionally, but, if I were going to, I think I would try to get a job working for a very experienced groomer and learn from them. I think hands on experience in a job like that goes a long way....

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't know how it works but I do know that PetSmart has groomers and they train them as well. If you have a PetSmart (or a PetCo) near you, you may want to check into this as well. Might be an inexpensive way to go. Good luck w/your search. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grooming is something I like the most about caring for my dogs. They look so lovely after grooming (and smell incredible!). And yes, it's also about their health. I use professional grooming services only for big occasions when my dogs must look as elegant as me, haha. Usually, I do everything by myself. Moreover, formal training for a pet groomer lasts 6 to 10 weeks. I think it's a must-do for every dog owner. However, there is a slight downside. My dogs are so used to me that an unfamiliar groomer has a little problem calming them, especially my terriers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Indeed, a price matters. Not everyone can afford a daily visit to a groomer. Grooming is not something your dogs can't live without. Actually, it's more about showcasing your dog to others. "I want to attend some school for grooming...please recommend me some :)" - online classes are enough to master it at a basic level. Professional dog caring tips, like https://yorkiemagazine.com/my-yorkie-smell-bad/, are always welcomed for this occupation. You should love caring for dogs to make them comfortable during a grooming session. Probably, it's a half of the whole deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.