Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I found this forum on Craigslist, thought I'd join and see what good info I could find here.

We live in the middle of nowhere with six large dogs of assorted breed mixes, and spoiled four cats. All of them were rescued, adopted, or foster failures. We foster for the shelter and also take in cats that others have neglected or abandoned, clean them up and make them healthy again, then find them nice homes.

I'm also a big advocate for spay/neuter and always looking for ways to promote our spay neuter assistance program.

All my dogs and cats are on Dogster and Catster, two dogs and two cats are on Myspace, they have their own profile! So if any of you have dogs or cat profiles you can check out my gang there or add to their friends list.

Reactions: Apdfranklin

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello hello! i just joined this morning and am trying to get acquainted with the other members...

so if i can be so nosey lol where abouts upstate are you? i live in the city right now so anywhere above the bronx is upstate lol i grew up in orange county ( middletown to be exact) but my father lives on a farm in bainbridge ( right outside binghamton) - so i know the state well!
i hope to have land to be able to rescue and have as many fur babies as you do some day! they are all so lucky to have found you

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello hello! i just joined this morning and am trying to get acquainted with the other members...

so if i can be so nosey lol where abouts upstate are you? i live in the city right now so anywhere above the bronx is upstate lol i grew up in orange county ( middletown to be exact) but my father lives on a farm in bainbridge ( right outside binghamton) - so i know the state well!
i hope to have land to be able to rescue and have as many fur babies as you do some day! they are all so lucky to have found you
I went to college in Middletown many moons ago. The last time I went through there it sure has changed a lot... for the worst!

There's a lot of land for sale up here, the dairy farms have fallen to hard economic times, many farmers have sold their cows and the land is barren. So their selling acreage just to help pay the bills. It's a shame. When I was little and used to visit my grandmother, there were lots of cows and fields of corn.

There's a beautiful rescue near Oneonta, check this out http://www.glenhighlandfarm.com/
Let that be inspiration for you to leave the city behind, and move up to the middle of nowhere!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forum. My dream is to have 2 - 5 acres & have all the furkids I've ever wanted. I'm sick of hustle & bustle of city life. It gets worse every day.
Look forward to see pics of your crew.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts