Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of them? I haven't fed one to my boy in about 4-5 years after hearing about dogs choking/and or getting poisoned on them.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Worthless IMO both nutritionally and dentally. I would probably just throw em out if they were given to me free.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Most dogs love them, but they are CRAZY over-priced and contain crappy ingredents. They are pretty much guaranteed to give your dog diarrhea if they are under 6 months...probably even older too. Plus I hate the Nutro rep that comes to our store to push them. :tongue: Just more of a reason. :wink:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I bought the individual ones and my dogs would not go near them they didnt like them at all!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
What do you guys think of them? I haven't fed one to my boy in about 4-5 years after hearing about dogs choking/and or getting poisoned on them.
I think they're garbage. Pure marketing at its finest.

What do you think?

Gelatin, wheat protein isolate, glycerin, soy protein isolate, sodium caseinate, natural poultry flavor, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, lecithin, vegetable oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), minerals (magnesium amino acid chelate, calcium carbonate, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, calcium pantothenate, potassium iodide), vitamins (dl-alpha-tocopherol acetate [source of vitamin E], L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate [source of vitamin C], vitamin B12 supplement, niacin supplement, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride [vitamin B6], thiamine mononitrate [vitamin B1], folic acid), dehydrated tomato, apple pomace, ground flaxseed, dehydrated sweet potato, cranberry fiber, potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), choline chloride, taurine, carotene, chlorophyll.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I don't think I'd give my dogs greenies if they were given to me for free.
The ingredients are terrible, and there are FAR better ways to clean teeth than to fall for some marketing mumbo jumbo put out by greenies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts