Dog Food Chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently feeding Orijen 6 Fish and I mix it with some Acana or Evo or a few others of that quality. My puppy Gabriel every once and awhile gets a little bumpy and needs some diphenhydramine for 5-7 days to clear it up. I noticed it seemed to occur when we got new bags of food but not every time we did. So I allergy tested him and he is allergic to a few things that are not in what he eats but he is also allergic to green pea which is in a bunch of premium dog foods and he is a picky guy and if he only gets one type of food for a week or so he wont eat it so I have to mix. If any one has any food recommendation of varieties that dont have green pea in them it would be really really really appreciated.:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Are you looking for allergy foods like california natural or wellness simple solutions? Dick Van Patten has allergy food also.
I have not though read the whole ingredients lisiting but on the backof these bags, or even if you go to the web sights they will tell you the exact ingredients.:smile:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Blue Buffalo Wilderness formula is low-carb and doesn't have green peas in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, im not looking for an allergy food exactly since he isnt allergic to too much, just the green pea. I will take a look at the blue buffalo label-im going dog food shopping tomorrow. Thanks for all the help.

·
Banned
539 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Abady is no where near anything that is premium food. I would not get this food. Not a good food for dogs! IMO! look it up and see the ingredients!:tongue:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
You won't find any green pea in Abady products.
But you can find meat and bone meals (MBM) in Abady products which is the lowest of low ingredients! And I think that its funny that there is little marketing add in's embedded in the ingredient list telling you that something like lard is good for dogs, just in case you were having doubts about their ingredients.... :wink:

·
Banned
620 Posts
Abady is no where near anything that is premium food. I would not get this food. Not a good food for dogs! IMO! look it up and see the ingredients!:tongue:
Foods with Marigold Flowers, Dandelions (lawn weeds), peppermint leaf, chamomile flowers, summer savory....now that makes a premium food!

·
Banned
620 Posts
But you can find meat and bone meals (MBM) in Abady products which is the lowest of low ingredients! And I think that its funny that there is little marketing add in's embedded in the ingredient list telling you that something like lard is good for dogs, just in case you were having doubts about their ingredients.... :wink:

You should not post any info here like that about Abady. Advertisers pay to have a spots here so their toy breed formula would not be considered welcome info. I think for most dry feed people here, Pork Fat Lard is not a good option for their dogs. Users here should stick with flowers and lawn weeds...throw in some licorice root and black currants.

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Good to see you back in pristine form, CB. :smile: Lard is not a good option for dogs. Lard is rendered pork fat and is of very low quality. Abady has A LOT of lard in it and the other brands we are discussing have minisucle amounts of "flowers and lawn weeds". BUT ... since I don't feed any of that garbage to my dogs, I will just sit back, watch and smile. Y'all have fun. :smile:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The thing that really makes me laugh is the blatant advertising in their ingredient list. Most foods just list ingredients (it's an ingredient list right??) Abady takes it to another level....

"Lard (The finest land based source of the longest chain Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids)"

I wonder where the science is behind this claim. (they seem to like making unsubstantiated claims)

You should not post any info here like that about Abady. Advertisers pay to have a spots here so their toy breed formula would not be considered welcome info.
I must be lost... I thought this was DogFOODChat, a place where people can discuss Dog FOOD?? I guess we should just stare blankly at the ads and not bother chatting

I think you're more afraid of the scrutiny that Abady is going to come under now that it's right in front of our faces...

Please do explain dear CB why Lard is the "best land based source of Omegas" and so good for our dogs... Remember I'd like to see the science behind it please, not just more Abady propaganda

·
Banned
620 Posts
The thing that really makes me laugh is the blatant advertising in their ingredient list. Most foods just list ingredients (it's an ingredient list right??) Abady takes it to another level....

"Lard (The finest land based source of the longest chain Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids)"

I wonder where the science is behind this claim. (they seem to like making unsubstantiated claims)

I must be lost... I thought this was DogFOODChat, a place where people can discuss Dog FOOD?? I guess we should just stare blankly at the ads and not bother chatting

I think you're more afraid of the scrutiny that Abady is going to come under now that it's right in front of our faces...

Please do explain dear CB why Lard is the "best land based source of Omegas" and so good for our dogs... Remember I'd like to see the science behind it please, not just more Abady propaganda
All you need to know is if it comes from Abady it is horrible stuff and terrible for dogs. Ingredients from others companies give you all the good stuff and must be great for dogs.

RFD says Lard is terrible for dogs so that is must be true. What more science do you need?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
RFD says Lard is terrible for dogs so that is must be true. What more science do you need?
Are you saying that lard is not low quality rendered pig fat? Are tiy saying that it's a higher quality fat than what is normally in the other kibbles? Show me some research from some place other than Abady marketing department that says so. My dogs eat pig fat but never in 1,000 years would I feed them lard.

Good to have you back. :smile:

·
Banned
620 Posts
Are you saying that lard is not low quality rendered pig fat? Are tiy saying that it's a higher quality fat than what is normally in the other kibbles?
Yes. That is what I am saying. You don't see it often in dog food, but not because of personal appeal but rather a more because it is a more expensive ingredient for manufacturers to purchase. 'Land-based' mentioned I believe based upon it is the only fat that matches or equals to that of fish fat when it comes to the profiles. A good ingredient for carnivore dog, not a terrible one...but then again...never mind...if it comes from Abady it must be horrible for dogs. I forget about the mentality here.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Yes. That is what I am saying. You don't see it often in dog food, but not because of personal appeal but rather a more because it is a more expensive ingredient for manufacturers to purchase. 'Land-based' mentioned I believe based upon it is the only fat that matches or equals to that of fish fat when it comes to the profiles. A good ingredient for carnivore dog, not a terrible one...but then again...never mind...if it comes from Abady it must be horrible for dogs. I forget about the mentality here.
I see that all you can reference is Abady promotional material. Hardly science. Show me some independent proof. You see? All we ask is that you come up with some research on your own to prove these outlandish claims you make. Stop relying on Abady's marketing department. Its like relying on a used car salesman to tell you how good that car is you are looking at buying and relying on him to tell you what a fair price is.

·
Banned
620 Posts
I see that all you can reference is Abady promotional material. Hardly science. Show me some independent proof. You see? All we ask is that you come up with some research on your own to prove these outlandish claims you make. Stop relying on Abady's marketing department. Its like relying on a used car salesman to tell you how good that car is you are looking at buying and relying on him to tell you what a fair price is.
I rely on the results I get.

I showed you some independent proof. Answer the question RFD. Why do you see chicken fat and animal fat across the board? Because that is the more expensive stuff? Use your head. I have asked you in the past to disprove and show me where they lie. Time and time again you come up with nothing? Disprove what they say from a stand point of science. You must take the same viewpoint as the WDJ. There is no room for science and dog food is purely subjective.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.