Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I am new to this site and am in the process of switching my dog's to a better food now that I know Nutro seems to be bad for them. I have read that some dog's cannot handle going grain free. What does this mean? My boys are sometimes at home alone for awhile and I need something that will not cause them to have "accidents" in the house while we are away. Also, am wondering about the whole rotation thing. I always thought I should keep them on one kind so it does not mess with their stomaches. I guess I was so wrong. Do I have to do the whole mixing foods for a week everytime I rotate and do you rotate every other bag? So many questions, I know. Thanks for your help, Pam
Grain free can cause gassiness I find. Seems they have to get use to it. Once they are though for my dogs then they are fine and they have no issues with grain free. I am one who always says go slow when transitioning food, but then again I never follow through with this I sort of go ok lets get this show on the road and go to fast. My dogs can get gassy but never poop in the house. And like I said then they are fine. My beagle had a couple accidents though and this was when one of my kids though *cough cough* forgot to let him out. Thats a whole nother story haha! :wink:
If your at work do you by chance (since you said they can be alone for a while at times) can you have someone who could let them out at some point or do you have a dog walking service you could do. I know people are desperate for jobs and responsible kids in the neighborhood or adults who want to make extra cash would gladly take them for maybe a 20 minute or whatever time or length of walk for a price though! This could help you out. The trick with grain less or not grain less is seeing what works best for you pups!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.