Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
Since I am on a budget and after reading about 4 Health, I think this stuff is pretty dang good for the price. I can actually feed my big boxer less amount as opposed to Blue Buff. I know there is better food for the price, but my town only has the Tractor Supply Store, Petco, Walmart, Target, and a Albertson's to really choose from.

My question is should I feed Libby (she will be 7 next month) the performance, chicken & rice, or the lamb & rice? Libby is a tad over weight but has been playing with our new boxer puppy, Chloe like crazy. After we put our other boxer down 3 weeks ago, Libby has not been gourging herself and is eating the proper amount of food now. My wife has a 6 year old lil poodle that will eat this food also.

Performance formula:
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein 30.0% (min.), Crude Fat 20.0% (min.), Omega?6 Fatty Acids 3.3% (min.), Omega?3 Fatty Acids 0.5% (min.). Moisture 10.0% (max.), Crude Fiber 3.0% (max.), Glucosamine hydrochloride 600 mg/kg (min.), Chondroitin sulfate 200 mg/kg (min.), Zinc 150 mg/kg (min.), Selenium 0.4 mg/kg (min.), Vitamin E 150 IU/kg (min.).

Chicken & Rice:
Crude Protein 26.0% (min.), Crude Fat 15.0% (min.), Omega?6 Fatty Acids 2.5% (min.), Omega?3 Fatty Acids 0.4% (min.), Moisture 10.0% (max.), Crude Fiber 4.0% (max.), Glucosamine hydrochloride 300 mg/kg (min.), Zinc 150 mg/kg (min.), Chondroitin sulfate 100 mg/kg (min.), Selenium 0.4 mg/kg (min.), Vitamin E 150 IU/kg (min.).

Lamb & Rice:
Crude Protein (min.) 21.0%, Crude Fat (min.) 12.0%, Omega?6 Fatty Acids (min.) 2.2%, Omega?3 Fatty Acids (min.) 0.4%, Taurine (min.) 0.1%, Moisture (max.) 10.0%, Crude Fiber (max.) 4.0%, Glucosamine hydrochloride (min.) 300 mg/kg, Zinc (min.) 150 mg/kg, Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 100 mg/kg, Selenium (min.) 0.4 mg/kg, Vitamin E (min.) 150 IU/kg.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
i doubt youre gonna feed less of this than blue buffalo. 4health doesnt really look better tan blue wilderness(although i dont know what variety you use).

id still consider orijen puppy if i were you. youre not gonna notice much if you dont go grain free.
you will feed a lot less of that, same with totw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i doubt youre gonna feed less of this than blue buffalo. 4health doesnt really look better tan blue wilderness(although i dont know what variety you use).

id still consider orijen puppy if i were you. youre not gonna notice much if you dont go grain free.
you will feed a lot less of that, same with totw.

I don't have access to Orijen brand. I live in a small town, remember?

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
if you are interested, you can find orijen online and a lot of sites offer coupons which will cover shipping!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Have you considered trying all three of them? This way you could find out which is best for your pup! And then there's variety also! You could go with the high performance then try the next and then the next and find out which works bets. But like everyone else I think the higher protein is a good choice to start with!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts