Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody feed it?

I'm always looking for new foods for my picky dog to rotate with. He's currently eating Acana (Grasslands and Prairie Harvest) but I typically still mix in wet food for him to eat. I don't mind doing this. He enjoys his food more with something yummy mixed in.

Anyways, anyone feed this Go Natural food?

I found a specialty pet store near my house that sells this (along w/ all the other high quality foods). I didn't even look at that price so I don't know how significant the price increases from Acana to this.

Dog Food Reviews - Go Natural Grain Free Endurance - Powered by ReviewPost
^^ the ingredients look pretty good to me.

Can anyone tell me how big the kibbles are and if your dogs did well on this food?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Anybody feed it?

I'm always looking for new foods for my picky dog to rotate with. He's currently eating Acana (Grasslands and Prairie Harvest) but I typically still mix in wet food for him to eat. I don't mind doing this. He enjoys his food more with something yummy mixed in.

Anyways, anyone feed this Go Natural food?

I found a specialty pet store near my house that sells this (along w/ all the other high quality foods). I didn't even look at that price so I don't know how significant the price increases from Acana to this.

Dog Food Reviews - Go Natural Grain Free Endurance - Powered by ReviewPost
^^ the ingredients look pretty good to me.

Can anyone tell me how big the kibbles are and if your dogs did well on this food?
that one looks much better than their Petcurean's Now grain free line, which look like more potato than meat.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that one looks much better than their Petcurean's Now grain free line, which look like more potato than meat.

That's what I was thinking! The meat content looked really good compared to alot of their other foods, which most are of the 4 star rating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
we just got a HUGE sample from our local pet food store. We're going to try it this week. They gave us the Salmon and Oatmeal formula. The pieces are small. maybe the size of coffee beans, a wee bigger.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna go buy a sample! I believe they have the 1lb bags at our pet store for around $5. :) I'll let you all know if he likes it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He really liked the food alot! He went over and started chowing down on the kibble by itself without anything added in (miracle for him) so we'll see how long this keeps up. I think I'm gonna do a rotation of Grasslands (Acana) and Endurance (Go!)

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I feed my cats Go grainfree and they love the "freshwater trout formula" the smell is incredible.

·
Registered
127 Posts
nice high calorie kibble even at 34% protein, if champion were to go down, i would feed my pooches Go! Grain Free

L

·
0 Posts
I thought Go! Natural was a grain-inclusive line while Now! is a grain-free line. I'm just a tad confused.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought Go! Natural was a grain-inclusive line while Now! is a grain-free line. I'm just a tad confused.
I was confused too. Go! Endurance seems to be the only grain-free food in the 'Go' line, while the rest contain grains. 'Now!' is all grain-free, but the meat content is NOT very high in the 'Now!' grainfree foods... that was confusing, lol.

http://www.petcurean.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Now! is render free, which means no meal. When I looked at the ingredient listing when it first came out, I decided then that I would never include it in my rotation, due to it being mainly potatoes and peas. I have just bought a bag of Go! Endurance to see how my boy does on this. He is currently on EVO and 25% of the Go!, I'll see how he does. BTW He itches like crazy when fed Orijen and Acana (which really sucks!) so keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Now! is render free, which means no meal. When I looked at the ingredient listing when it first came out, I decided then that I would never include it in my rotation, due to it being mainly potatoes and peas. I have just bought a bag of Go! Endurance to see how my boy does on this. He is currently on EVO and 25% of the Go!, I'll see how he does. BTW He itches like crazy when fed Orijen and Acana (which really sucks!) so keeping my fingers crossed!
Let me know how he does. :)

This is the only food out of the "Go!" and "Now!" that I would feed, since it's the highest in meat content it seems.

Jackson seems to really have liked the food. We finished off the small 1lb bag so we are finishing our bag of Acana Grasslands first, then I will purchase Go! again.

·
Banned
539 Posts
There is a lot of grain free dog food out there now. Taste of the Wild, California Natural, Fromms Surf and Turf, Blue Wilderness, Wellness Core, Acana, Evo, Artemis, Merrick before grain, Canidae grain free ALS, Earthborn and their are more. All these are or they have a grain free product..

·
Registered
329 Posts

I am now having my own set of issues with Orijen :frown:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let me know how he does. :)
Well, my boy has been on Go! Endurance Formula, and here is my verdict on it. He has been scratching and hair has gotten a bit greasy (but not as much as he does on Orijen & Acana) and he is starting to develop tear stains. :frown: So, it is a "no go" on that one. Back to his EVO.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, my boy has been on Go! Endurance Formula, and here is my verdict on it. He has been scratching and hair has gotten a bit greasy (but not as much as he does on Orijen & Acana) and he is starting to develop tear stains. :frown: So, it is a "no go" on that one. Back to his EVO.
Awww, that's a shame! :( I guess there's something in there that just doesn't agree with him....

I only had Jackson finish off the little trial bag and I never bought a big bag yet. He's still just been eating his Acana Grasslands we had a bag of. So I guess I can't really give a good review yet on how he did on it until he eats it for a longer period of time. I will say the week in a half he was on it, his poops were alot smaller and harder.... sometimes *too* hard though. Overall, I like the food and will update this thread if I buy the bigger bag next time!

I'm just really happy with Acana and am a little worried to mess up a good thing!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will say the week in a half he was on it, his poops were alot smaller and harder.... sometimes *too* hard though
LOL I do have to say that on the Go! his poop was the best it's ever been :biggrin: And I had to chuckle when I read you response...just today I was out back doing my daily poop scoopin' with my 9 year old female, who is also eating it, well, she did her doo, and I swear it looked like it came from a 10 pound dog, instead of a 75 pound dog. :eek::biggrin:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL I do have to say that on the Go! his poop was the best it's ever been :biggrin: And I had to chuckle when I read you response...just today I was out back doing my daily poop scoopin' with my 9 year old female, who is also eating it, well, she did her doo, and I swear it looked like it came from a 10 pound dog, instead of a 75 pound dog. :eek::biggrin:
LOL!! Yes, smaller poop is always better! Once this bag of Acana is finished, I might get the 5 or 6lb of Go! :) I'll keep ya updated on my boys poop, hahaha... like anyone else would wanna hear about that!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts