Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor gsd has had giardia since he came here from his breeder at 8 weeks. We've been through 3 treatments from the vet and he's still sick. I don't know what else to do. Please give any suggestions - he means the world to me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My mom's puppy had this same issue. After three rounds of antibiotics, it did not clear. You need to message Liz. She has a wonderful treatment using supplements you can get at the health food store. I followed her advice with my mom's dog and it totally cleared the issue.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
We had a dog years ago with giardia. I don't remember what the meds were that the vet gave her, in fact I don't remember them even working. What did work, and I believe saved her life was giving her plain, unflavored childrens Pedialyte. I offered her both that and water, and she drank I don't even know how many bottles of that stuff before she would touch the water. You don't want dehydration, so try that and see what happens. I think for ours, it was the only thing our vet recommended that actually worked, as far as fighting dehydration and helping to gain strength.

How is your pup doing now?

Reactions: MollyWoppy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts