chicken feet!!!:biggrin:
So excited to come home and break it up to find my freezer is DEAD!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
SCORE!!!!

Awesome, isn't it fun?

Does this make us dog-geeks?

Hopefully it's cold enough outside to use the garage or something?

Reactions: lovinmylabs

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup dead as a door nail!

I got all that for $82.50 is that good?

I also wondered about the tripe? I thought I didnt need it but my supplier said it is a must????

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I also wondered about the tripe? I thought I didnt need it but my supplier said it is a must????
Your supplier is trying to sell you tripe. It's not necessary and is no more nutritious than any other animal part and not as nutritous as a lot of them. There is nothing magical about tripe. I have been feeding raw for almost 8 years and have never one time fed tripe and my dogs are healthy.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yup dead as a door nail!

Sorry to hear about your freezer. That really sucks

Not a bad deal at all...

I personally wouldn't get the tripe. I don't buy it as being a "must feed" item. Doesn't add up to me really...

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Yup dead as a door nail!
Dang. That really sucks! Good luck finding a new one!!!! :eek:

80 pounds right? So ~$1 per pound? Yeah, thats a good deal...especially for duck!

Its not a must....some people swear by it. I don't feed it either and my dogs are healthy and doing just fine. I would rather spend the $$$ on something else to be 100% honest :wink:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yeah, well let them have their say, but once your dogs start eating tripe, don't tell me you can't see a difference or that your dogs will absolutely go crazy for it. Yes, people who feed it on a regular basis swear by it, and the ones who never have don't know what their dogs are missing.:biggrin:

Reactions: lovinmylabs

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I don't see what's so wrong with feeding tripe if the dogs like it and they do well on it, what's the big deal? Let her try the tripe and see how she and the dogs like it. There are MUCH worse things to be feeding dogs, like veggies and grains.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I don't see what's so wrong with feeding tripe if the dogs like it and they do well on it, what's the big deal? Let her try the tripe and see how she and the dogs like it. There are MUCH worse things to be feeding dogs, like veggies and grains.
I totally agree. While tripe isn't something I spend my money on currently, I can't deny that my dogs so in fact love it, and go crazy over it when I have it on occasion.
There's nothing WRONG with feeding it though. If you want to, go for it. My dogs thrive without it, but plenty of people swear by it. I think it's oke of those things that come down to there being no wrong choice, and it's simply personal preference and makes no DIRE difference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think you should regret buying the tripe. It's fine to feed. There's a whole other POV about tripe at Leerburg discussions. Over there, it's very much thought of as a great food to feed your dog. So there you go. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I fed the tripe this morning and they went NUTS! Trying to grab it out of my hand.
The supplier said tripe was a must because of the probiotics???

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Well, if your dogs love it...make it a regular part of their diet!!! I'm always open to trying new things with the dogs, but to find what I would want that is less than $1 per pound might be difficult?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
The supplier said tripe was a must because of the probiotics???
As I said before, your supplier is trying to sell you tripe. A healthy dog has all the probiotics he needs to digest his food. Adding more has no benefit. Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, the probiotic count may get low. In a day or two, the probiotics will build back up on their own.

One more very important point. The probiotics in a cows stomach help with the digestion of grass. Not much use to a dog.

The sellers of tripe try to make it appear to have all these nutrients, sometimes even to the point of magical powers. If your dog has no digestive problems, he has no need for probiiotics. He already has them in sufficient number.

Tripe won't hurt your dog and it is good to feed because it does have nutrients but it is no more useful to the dog than any other part of the cow. There is no reason not to feed it, just don't expect it to be any better than muscle meat, bone, or other organs. :smile:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts