I just ordered 40 pounds of chicken backs to start feeding my 2 dogs, a 45-pound mixed breed and a 15-pound Jack Russell. The chicken backs are supposed to be in tomorrow. Now for the questions:
- I found out that the bigger dog would require about 1 pound and the smaller dog 1/2 pound. Is that per day or per feeding?
- How do I know how much meat equals 1/2 pound or 1 pound if I don't have a food scale?
- Does anyone know about how many chicken backs equal 1 pound? (I don't know but I'm assuming they are different sizes but just need an estimate.)
- If I start with chicken backs, am I feeding morning and evening for the first week or just once a day?
- Am I supposed to wean the dogs off of the kibble or just go "cold turkey (or chicken :biggrin?"
- How do I prevent the dogs from dragging the raw food all over the house to eat it? Feed them outside?
- And here's the stupid question - What is a chicken quarter?