Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here and hope someone may be able to help with some food answers.

We have 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. One is 10 years old and the other is 1 year old. Right now, the senior is on Solid Gold Hund n floken and my young one is on Solid Gold Wee Bit, but I'd like to get them both on the same food.

My senior is a good weight and has never had a weight issue. He sleeps a lot, but gets around fine when he is awake. He does have a bad heart and takes a lot of medicine for it.

My pup on the other hand seems to gain weight easily. He's lazy, but definitely more active than my senior.

Both have touchy stomachs and get metamucil sprinkled on their food daily.

We've been using Solid Gold forever, but I'm open to suggestions.

To top this all off, the food has to be able to be shipped to an APO address overseas.

Thanks for any information!

Dasher's mom

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here and hope someone may be able to help with some food answers.

We have 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. One is 10 years old and the other is 1 year old. Right now, the senior is on Solid Gold Hund n floken and my young one is on Solid Gold Wee Bit, but I'd like to get them both on the same food.

My senior is a good weight and has never had a weight issue. He sleeps a lot, but gets around fine when he is awake. He does have a bad heart and takes a lot of medicine for it.

My pup on the other hand seems to gain weight easily. He's lazy, but definitely more active than my senior.

Both have touchy stomachs and get metamucil sprinkled on their food daily.

We've been using Solid Gold forever, but I'm open to suggestions.

To top this all off, the food has to be able to be shipped to an APO address overseas.

Thanks for any information!

Dasher's mom

Have you considered switching them over to an all life stages formula? I know Canidae has a few All Life Stages formulas that are grain free and they have several different flavors. Their ALS formula's are formulated to supply the nutrients that a senior dog and a puppy would need which might be the best option in your situation. With your younger pup gaining weight, as far as kibble is concerned, switching over to a grain free formula might help with that. I also think Canidea ships over seas, but you can contact them to be sure, their store locater is here:
Canidae® Pet Foods: Store Locator

Best of luck to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts