Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Copper had her first taste of liver this morning. At first she really didn't know what to do with it. She would pick it up, and drop it over and over like it was to slimy for her to hold onto. Then she just started licking it. Then she just looked at it a second, and all of a sudden rubbed the side of her face on it and started rolling in it!:eek:It was like she thaught "well nothing else seems to be working". I said "Copper no! Don't roll in it, eat it"! I picked it up and put it in front of her again. She kept mouthing it until she finally got it, and managed to eat it. Over all, she seemed to like it I think.:smile:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Dogs are funny!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Dogs roll in stinky things to cover their scent. Which may have been useful at one point if actually hunting but it's a huge pain in my a$$ now! Shiloh will rub in the worse of the worst....

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Hahaha, I love dogs. :tongue:

Natalie is right... once a useful trick for dogs to cover their scent, now an entire pain in the butt for owners. None of my dogs have ever been "rollers" but we get some dogs at work that if poo is not picked up RIGHT AWAY.... well.. you can see where that's going. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Back when I had my two goldens, I would take them to the goomer once a month. They would come back smelling wonderful!! First thing they would do when they got home is go out in the back yard and find something stinky to roll in. Usually it was poop (kibble poop in those days) :smile:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
of all things to pick to roll in....liver LOL

your dog is funny....

at least she ate it...my dogs have to get their frozen...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always known dogs love to roll in stinky things but I always think of them rolling in dead animals, poop etc... The LAST thaught I would have ever had would be food! I actually just stood there and watched her for a second or two before it clicked with me what she was doing. duh!! LOL! I had to get a wet wash cloth and clean her up it was so bad. Oh well, I know now to watch her close on liver days!:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Kenzie tried to roll in the tripe that was in her food dish, that was pretty funny!

·
Registered
33 Posts
My beloved ausie shep cross, patches would roll in some random things... so one day I thought of spaying some cologne one the rug and sure enough she loved it! From then on any time she smelled a bit and I didn't want to give her a bath at that moment, I'd just spay her down real quick, towel her off and spray some doggie perfume on the rug for her to "freshen up" with. Worked wonders for a busy guy who likes to watch tv in bed with his dogs.

·
Registered
995 Posts
My coworker's Lhasa rolled in his crabcake :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts