Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF...they are super exepensive on Craigslist, nothing less than $175.00 in my area.

Fail!

·
Banned
493 Posts
i agree. just keep checking. maybe check newpaper adds in your area. do you have a local salvation army or good will in your area?

By the way...

you feeling any better jdatwood?

·
Banned
493 Posts
Couple of weeks ago, yes.

Please try to keep threads on topic.
I'm not trying to get off topic. Just a small question after I addressed the freezer situation.

I'm sure if someone else asked there wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about just buying a new one, it might be more energy efficient that way?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I was having the same problem, but I waited it out a little longer, and got a STEAL of a deal. Energy star full size, auto defrost standup for $80 on CL. It took some patience. Months of patience, actually. I bought a smaller chest freezer new in the meantime.

Look for "MUST GO TODAY" posts, a lot of times when people are moving and can't take it with them, they're a lot more willing to negotiate price and get what they can for it.

I STRONGLY advise going only auto defrost. Manual is a pain in the butt.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Here's a pretty darn cheap freezer I found on craigslist in your area. Not a real big one, but I guess it depends on how far in advance you plan on stocking it.

Small FREEZER

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was having the same problem, but I waited it out a little longer, and got a STEAL of a deal. Energy star full size, auto defrost standup for $80 on CL. It took some patience. Months of patience, actually. I bought a smaller chest freezer new in the meantime.

Look for "MUST GO TODAY" posts, a lot of times when people are moving and can't take it with them, they're a lot more willing to negotiate price and get what they can for it.

I STRONGLY advise going only auto defrost. Manual is a pain in the butt.
Good point!

Auto defrost vs Manual.

After finding out the auto defrost mode creates freezer burn. I prefer manual freezers, if stand alone.

Auto defrost would freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw...the ice cubes out of the ice tray.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts