Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
The last time I ordered from Pet Food Direct they sent me a bag with an expired "sell by" date. I called them and was told to cut out the date code and mail it to them along with my invoice, and they would send me a fresher bag at no additional cost. The person on the phone said, "you should still be able to feed your dog this food" (it was 2 months expired) and that I couldn't send the bag back to them because they couldn't resell it (DUH!) I asked the person on the phone whether the employees who actually pack the boxes for shipping check expiration dates? And she said "sometimes they do, sometimes they don't." They did actually send me another bag but I had already tossed the expired food.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pet Food Direct

I used to order all my dog food and dog needs from them.I have 3 labs and used 2 30 pound bags in 5 -6 weeks.I would order 2 bags just about every month.That is when my girls where on eagle pac duck and oatmeal because that is the only food one of mine could eat .Eagle pack changes and did not let us know and after two feedings our Molly could not eat it.I called them and said they would be glad to take the food back if I paid for shipping. I explained that it was the dog food that had changed not my dog.So I went into a local store that I did not know sold it and she made a call and she said bring it into her and she would exchange it for me for 2 new bags or she would help me find a food Molly could eat.She seemed like she knew her dog food so we are looking now for a new food.But to defend pet food direct 2 days later someone called and said they would take the food back and they would pay for shipping.My girls can't wait a week to eat I had to find something or a solution now not 2 days from now.But before that happened I would order their food and the next day or the day after the brown truck would pull into the drive.So they where good at their deliveries

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the heads up, I only bought from them couple times since I can find most stuff locally, but I'll have to check the expiration date next time I'll order. They seem to have fairly quick shipping and its cheaper with coupon then other websites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts