Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but we have a good family friend who owns about fifteen or so chicken houses for Tyson. I called him last night and asked him what he does with the ones he finds dead in the houses each day. He gets them up and puts them in a huge freezer, then a monthly pick up comes by and gets them. He told me I am welcome to come get all I want! They feed to their dogs on occasion also. So, my husband Wayne said he will pluck them and gut them. He's going to put all the guts in a bucket and I will go through and pick out all the livers, hearts and feet. I guess I will put them in containers in the freezer, and the rest of the chickens will be both cut up and some whole, then put them in the freezer also. Then I kept thinking....I know where a deer processing place is not to far away. In September when deer season kicks off I am going to go talk to them about their leftovers. Organs, ribs etc... Then, I'm fixing to start looking for a goat cheap, and guess what? Those are going to be my best options where we live. Right now its just week by week at walmart. Its going to be chicken for a while, but theres the meat, bone and organs! I am so excited!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Good for you! it will get easier, I promise. Things just start popping into your head and your like"why didn't I think of that before".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts