Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else out there active with a dog rescue or humane society?

I am working through a collie rescue now. I will be getting my first foster through them hopefully Sunday. (cross your fingers!!!)
I have fostered a few times in the past for my local humane society but i do not agree with many things that were going on there. so i no longer support them in any way.

now I am the transport coordinator. Brand new to this, no idea what i am doing. but i do have a mentor if i need some help. she has already sent me a few emails telling me how she does things. I am horrible with directions and maps, so I am worried I might not be cut out for the job. They saw my posts about Major on some transport forums and seen that I was getting active in finding transport help. and they really did like how I was going about doing things. So I agreed with some persuasion and a promise that they will hold my hand through it until i get the hang of it!

So whats better for finding directions! google maps? Yahoo maps?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
We're VERY active with the Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue

We foster, run foster training, help out at meet & greets and other events, organize our own events, do transports, I'm working on revamping their website.... I think we do more than that even LOL

I prefer Google Maps...

As a transport coordinator I wouldn't stress giving directions. The most important thing I see is getting people to volunteer for each leg of the transport. Try to break it down into 1-3 hour pieces that people can do. Some people (like me) are willing to do longer legs but not many

Once you get each leg set up, pass the contact info of the 2 people meeting so they can coordinate a time & place to meet.

Good luck! Let us know if we can help

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
We're VERY active with the Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue

We foster, run foster training, help out at meet & greets and other events, organize our own events, do transports, I'm working on revamping their website.... I think we do more than that even LOL

I prefer Google Maps...

As a transport coordinator I wouldn't stress giving directions. The most important thing I see is getting people to volunteer for each leg of the transport. Try to break it down into 1-3 hour pieces that people can do. Some people (like me) are willing to do longer legs but not many

Once you get each leg set up, pass the contact info of the 2 people meeting so they can coordinate a time & place to meet.

Good luck! Let us know if we can help
By "we" it includes me LOL :wink:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I WAS a part of an EBT rescue until I was told by the lady that I was an idiot because I feed my dogs PMR and actually give a crap about the animals. She told me that I know nothing about EBTs because I was too young and didn't have any experiance. I happen to own one and have had several in and out of my house... I got tired of her talking down to me and have been thinking of finding info on starting my own EBT rescue group around my house. It might cut into her 'teritory', but for the love of the animals, I don't care!! :) I am hoping to get back into that stuff again soon since its getting nice outside. I really enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Hi EBT, where have you been?:rolleyes: That women is an idiot, you should point her to the yahoo groups raw bullterrier, bullterrier, positively bullterrier, they all advocate the raw diet, it's very obvious that she doesn't know that bull terriers thrive on protein for muscle developement. Anyway glad to have you back.:biggrin:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi EBT, where have you been?:rolleyes: That women is an idiot, you should point her to the yahoo groups raw bullterrier, bullterrier, positively bullterrier, they all advocate the raw diet, it's very obvious that she doesn't know that bull terriers thrive on protein for muscle developement. Anyway glad to have you back.:biggrin:
Thanks! I have been very busy with work, the boys and other stuff going on. :) I have missed being on here. :biggrin:
I have also been talking to a couple of people about us starting our own rescue and cheap vet stuff. Nothing fancy, just little things that people don't want to pay to go the the vet for, like dewormer. :) I hope that we can get things started and going pretty easy and fast. I am excited!

L

·
0 Posts
anyone else out there active with a dog rescue or humane society? ...... I am working through a collie rescue now. I will be getting my first foster through them hopefully Sunday. (cross your fingers!!!)
I've been active with Lab rescue here in Connecticut. I've been a foster home for them for 3 years now. I also volunteer at meet-and-greet as well as fundraising events.

I'm getting my next foster Lab this coming Saturday. She is a 4 year old female yellow.

I think it's wonderful that you are involved with collie rescue. It's a very good thing to do.

I also think it's wonderful that others on this Forum are active in rescue, too.

I hope you're having fun with your remaining foster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts