Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally when I hear someone say that their dog will not eat dry food, or a particular kind. i tell them to put food down, if they do not eat it pick it up in 15 minutes and too bad, they just miss a meal. they will learn!

my senior underweight foster dog eats pedigree, it is what the rescue gives me, so that is what I use. He gets some crazy skin and coat pedigree canned mixed with it. I was suppose to feed him like that until the cans he came with ran out. Well, they ran out... and he does NOT want to eat dry food with no canned in it.

Is it safe to do the methood I mentioned above on a 10-11 yr old collie who is not in good health? I am not thinking its safe, but I wanted to see what you guys did.
I ended up buying him a few more cans of that dog food.

***edit***
one of the funniest things I have seen. A bag of pedigree setting next to a bag of Taste of the Wild

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Is it safe to do the methood I mentioned above on a 10-11 yr old collie who is not in good health? I am not thinking its safe, but I wanted to see what you guys did.
Generally it's very safe. What kind of "not in good health" does he have? Most likely he's not going to miss more than a meal or two anyway.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he might be older. it is hard to tell for sure.
he was found as a stray, and Im sure he has had one hell of a hard life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts