Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know in June we will be getting a Black Russian Terrier puppy. We are so excited and can hardly wait. :biggrin:

A lot of times when I say Black Russian Terrier people think of a little black terrier. I think sometimes the word "terrier" makes people think of a small dog. The Black Russian Terrier is a fairly new and rare breed. Not a lot of people have heard of them.

I found this great article about the Black Russian Terrier. Very informative and an easy read. I thought I'd share it for anyone who is interested in learning a bit more about this breed. And if you are bord and just like to read...LOL. :biggrin:

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/breeds/black_russian_terrier.pdf

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice! what are you naming your new family member
Thanks! What I like a lot is that the Rottweiler went into the make up of the Black Russian Terrier. All the Blackies I have been around act so much like Rotties. Rotties will always have a very special place in my heart.

We are naming him "Duncan" which means "dark warrior". He will also have his kennel name that will be registered with AKC, but we haven't decided on that yet. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I was one of those that thought terrier, little! That is one gorgeous looking dog. I love the look on this breed! Seems like a really nice size and a just an overall great dog! Thanks for sharing this! Good Luck with pup to come soon!:smile: Duncan is a cute name!

Reactions: luvMyBRT
1 - 6 of 6 Posts