Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of doubt as to whether pet insurance is a waste of money, it has been a huge debate here until today.

Babs surgery to remove 2 MCT was 1257.00 insurance reimbursement 1131.00. her surgery only cost me 126.00
Not bad.

It cost me 1200. per year for 2) 14 year old dogs, and 250 per year deductible per dog...

Macy goes to therapy every week... acupuncture, hydro & laser surgery for about 100 per visit after insurance reimbursement it only cost 10.00 out of pocket.

insurance has saved me, when I get the check I immediately pay back my credit card so the next time I have a issue I have money to pay for it again.

I am so glad I did not listen to my husband and got the insurance anyway.

Well worth the cost

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
What company is this?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Healthy Paws...

I just added Capone on...

How are you doing?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I recently got insurance with Petplan. Haven't used it yet, but it seemed like numerous friends were having expensive surgeries done on their dogs. My sister alone has had to have 4 or 5 surgeries done on 2 dogs, ranging from tumor removal to amputation of a toe to knee surgery...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
we have PetPlan. it cost $54.00 a month? our dog was 5 years old when we enrolled in the program.
the cost would have been lower if we enrolled when he was younger.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Babs just had her second MCT surgery within 5 months, so this insurance surely has paid for itself

·
Registered
26 Posts
What I do not understand is why so many myths. I have my pups on insurance right from 1 years old and its only 35-50$ depending how high and low the deductible is in the rate of 100-500$ up to 50,000$ a year max. I just look at it about human beings. When people ask me questions I do get a little defensive which is irrational I know, but I just ask them why do you have health insurance for your family or for yourself? Something I have a hard time understanding why would there be any questions to that. End of life is something hard to grasp, but it happens to every living thing. Rather spend 35$ a month, than get a 15000-10,000$ bill depending on disease, accident, cancer ETC....

Like with any insurance research research research call company ask questions and pick a good one

Long live healthy dogs all around!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts