Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was outside this morning checking Lincolns skin. I saw by chance one flea scurry away. I got my flea comb and went through every single inch of his body. Only found one flea. I am using all natural repellant and killer (Sentry natural defense) only because any of the tradition over the counter and vet stuff he either reacted to or didnt work. Sentinal for him didnt work and he reacted to all the spot ons, so far this one is the only one he hast reacted to.

I do visit my aunt frequently and I wonder if he picked up in the apartment building their? I know the people downstairs are dirty, their cats urinate everywhere in the unit so it wouldnt surprise me if their cats had fleas and maybe one strayed by my dog. Do I have to treat the house now or should I wait to see if I pull anymore fleas? I didnt even see flea dirt on Lincoln and I didnt pull any off the cats or other dog. I wonder if that single flea has been whats causing havok on my dog this last few weeks? But then wouldnt their be an infestation or flea dirt? So it must not of been on him that long right?

I dont wanna bath everyone in chemicals unless absolutely needed.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Boy, you're having a pretty lousy day today huh?
Personally, if it was my dog and you haven't seen any evidence of fleas anywhere else then I'd just give the dog a real good bath. Heaps of suds and in the bathtub or shower where it is light and you can see if there's any more black fleas washing down the drain as you rinse. I'd only be inclined to think about treating the house and stuff if there were a lot of them.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I agree with MollyWoppy. I have only ever found ONE flea on a dog of mine very rarely. I just bathe them and keep an eye out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts