Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

Koa our 8 month old husky has FLEAS !!!!! We have her on Frontline Plus and thought that that was all we had to do. Well I guess we were wrong! Anyhow I have done a little research and thought that maybe I would have to switch her to something else. Well here is the problem, all the other flea preventions have said not to feed raw meat while using their product. Does anyone know why? Also anyone have any better solutions for getting rid of fleas?

Thanks,
Huskyfan

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I called Frontline...they don't have an email option on their website :confused: ...and the person I spoke to said that there is no reason why you should worry about giving your dogs raw while using that product. So I would say that you're safe to do so!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Koa our 8 month old husky has FLEAS !!!!! We have her on Frontline Plus and thought that that was all we had to do. Well I guess we were wrong! Anyhow I have done a little research and thought that maybe I would have to switch her to something else. Well here is the problem, all the other flea preventions have said not to feed raw meat while using their product. Does anyone know why? Also anyone have any better solutions for getting rid of fleas?

Thanks,
Huskyfan
We don't feed raw, but we use K9 Advantix for on our German Shorthaired Pointer. It handles fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes, which are a big concern almost year round down here in Florida.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I use Vectra3D for ticks, fleas other nasties the dogs could encouter~ and this product has worked extremely well. My vet recommended it and I really like this product. It has lasted way longer than the use it every month as recommended. I have used it once this spring and have not use it again yet! It is working very very well!
I have heard of but never tried anti flea bisquits. I printed out a recipe for these but my dogs dont need this so I have not made them. I actually wonder if they even work for things such as this! I think not but "eh its a treat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts