Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
It looks like most of you guys have the base meat as chicken in RAW feeding program and add other meats/fish for the variety.
Is there anybody who has fish or beef as the base? Is there anything wrong in having either fish or beef as the base?

I am asking because where I live (Sri Lanka) chicken is expensive compared to beef and certain types of fish.
By the way I have an 8 weeks old bullmastiff puppy. He just got started on RAW (chicken + fish) a week ago.

Also fish seems to have very sharp bones like needles (though small). Is it okay to feed them directly or is it safer to grind them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I searched the yahoo raw feeding group as well, but still looks like most people are feeding fish about once or twice a week. I also saw a post there where they say that 50% of the supply should be from red meat (beef etc).

What I am hoping to do is to have about 50% of the supply coming in as FISH (salt water fish). Can anybody think of any negative points?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.