Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louis had his first raw chicken wing tonight and loved it! He couldn't wait while I was preparing it and snatched it out of the bowl right away, but then he had no idea what to do with it and proceeded to timidly lick it, carry it around, and walk away and back to it for the next 15-20 minutes, lol. It was funny watching him be absolutely clueless about how to eat it. When he got around to crunching his first bone though, everything just sped up from there! Probably took him a whole 45 minutes or so to eat the whole thing, but next time I'm assuming it will go a lot faster. It was definitely rewarding and a whole lot of fun watching him eat it. Just thought I'd share :smile:

Reactions: jdatwood

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Congrats! I've cleared your first hurdle and are in good shape if he eats raw happily from the get go. Keep us updated on his progress!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
my malia did the same thing....isn't it wonderful to watch them?

congratulations on coming over to the raw side of things..your dog is gonna love it...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the encouragement! I was on the lookout for any vomit stains this morning as he tends to hurl when he eats new things (like the time when he got into my fiber one and nature's valley granola bars, but that's a story for another day :mad:) and sure enough I saw a little pile in the corner. As I did not have my glasses on and it was 5AM, I thought I saw bone fragments and figured I would clean it up after I took him out for a walk. Then to my joy I realized it was chunks of BROCCOLI! He must have stolen them from one of the birds. Sneaky dog...sure loves his veggies :rolleyes: I was so happy that he digested the chicken no problem. Most of the chicken and bones came out in a firm little poop later this morning, yay!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
This is also wonderful news! Sounds like you're well on your way to being an expert on raw feeding :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts