Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the devistating news of Natura selling out, I'm removing it from my cat's rotation. (I know, i know. DOG food forum. But my cat is my kibble fed animal, so she's all I have to relate!)

Anyway, I was looking up retailers of Horizon Legacy, and none came up in my state (Nevada) on their store locator. I called the store I buy her food from (At Your Service Pet Supplies) and asked if they had any way of getting it. They carried it in stock and have for a long time! I had no idea, and it's not listed online! So, I know a few people were interested in replacing EVO with this food in their rotations, and it seems so hard to come by, so I wanted to share this little tidbit of information. Call your pet stores and ask for it! They might have it even if it's not online.

Also, what's the shelf life like? We're moving soon, and I already called the stores in Utah and no one has it, but I'm sure we'll be in Vegas visiting in laws (ugh!) twice a year or so. Could I just stock up then on my Legacy and Orijen?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
conversely, the horizon store finder also lists plenty of stores that dont carry horizon and never did. its very hit and miss.
Good to know!
I guess it would just be best for everyone interested to not even bother with the store locator, and to just call around.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There are also wholesalers that get there hands on these premium foods and sell them to pet shops.

PetFoodDirect.com sells Orijen, yet they are not on the Champion site. Clearly they are getting it through a wholesale connection.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
In light of the devistating news of Natura selling out, I'm removing it from my cat's rotation. (I know, i know. DOG food forum. But my cat is my kibble fed animal, so she's all I have to relate!)

Anyway, I was looking up retailers of Horizon Legacy, and none came up in my state (Nevada) on their store locator. I called the store I buy her food from (At Your Service Pet Supplies) and asked if they had any way of getting it. They carried it in stock and have for a long time! I had no idea, and it's not listed online! So, I know a few people were interested in replacing EVO with this food in their rotations, and it seems so hard to come by, so I wanted to share this little tidbit of information. Call your pet stores and ask for it! They might have it even if it's not online.

Also, what's the shelf life like? We're moving soon, and I already called the stores in Utah and no one has it, but I'm sure we'll be in Vegas visiting in laws (ugh!) twice a year or so. Could I just stock up then on my Legacy and Orijen?
sounds like the orijen locator ha.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I priced what it would cost at several sites and, for me in Dallas, k9cuisine is still cheapest. Here's what I found:

Hearty Pet Horizon Legacy Adult 28.7 lbs $53.99
Shipping $20.84

K9Cuisine " " " " $59.99
Shipping free

The Hungry Puppy 46.99
Shipping 23.90

Whole Pet Central 53.99
Shipping 23.57

These are a couple of the sites listed on the Horizon site. Usually I order multiple bags, so shipping would be even more.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Watch Hearty Pet.....they run FREE shipping a few times a year with no limit on what you spend or how many pounds.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I priced what it would cost at several sites and, for me in Dallas, k9cuisine is still cheapest. Here's what I found:

Hearty Pet Horizon Legacy Adult 28.7 lbs $53.99
Shipping $20.84

K9Cuisine " " " " $59.99
Shipping free

The Hungry Puppy 46.99
Shipping 23.90

Whole Pet Central 53.99
Shipping 23.57

These are a couple of the sites listed on the Horizon site. Usually I order multiple bags, so shipping would be even more.
This is exaclty how it is for me. It's $20+ PER bag for shipping. I have also found the best deals on k9cuisine for the Horizon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts